18. Let it All Out

(Author's Note- Contains content that may make you uncomfortable)

We walked down the train tracks that hadn’t been used in a few years and killed the odd walker. I pulled my bow and arrow off my shoulder and put an arrow against it.

“Who gave you the bow and arrow? I know Daryl taught you how to hunt but who gave it to you?” Michonne asked.

“Found it in an army surplus store when I was on a raid with my friend, Lucy. I used my knife to carve the patterns on the wood. Daryl had taught me with his crossbow and I had used a bow and arrow before”, I replied as I traced the patterns with my finger.

I suddenly heard a growl behind me and Rick yelled “Look out!”

I turned to see a walker who was closely followed by loads of walkers. I grabbed the arrow I had put in the bow and stabbed the walker through the head. Carl grabbed my hand and we started running off track for a bit. We cut corners and soon made it further up the track. There was another Terminus sign.  I was still contemplating on telling Carl my secret. I would tell him at night. It was close to nightfall now. We had found a bridge and camped under it.

“Michonne, you’re on watch tonight”, Rick stated.

“Alright but it’s you tomorrow night”, Michonne said with a smile.

I put my stuff down next to Carl’s and laid my head on his shoulder. Rick had lied down on the ground and fell asleep.

“Are you going to tell me yet?” he asked politely. I nodded.

“Okay. This happened before the world went to shit…”

Flashback

“Jade, honey your Father, Ashton and I are going out of town for a few days but Daryl’s busy. We obviously wouldn’t put you with Merle. Shane has a week off work and he said he’d be willing to babysit you”, my Mother said. I sighed. I didn’t have anything against Shane but he would always stare at me creepily.

“Alright”, I replied.

My mother started packing and the doorbell rang.

“Jade can you get it?” she yelled. I walked towards the door and opened it. There stood Shane. He was quite handsome but a lot older than me.

“Hey there Jade. Can I come in?” he asked. I nodded in response and waited for him to step inside before shutting the door.

“Shane, it’s nice to see you. Thank you so much for being so willing to look after our sweet Jade for us”, my Father said.

“It’s no problem Stefan. I hope you have a nice trip”, Shane commented.

Soon my parents left leaving Shane and I alone in the room.

“So what are we going to do?” My almost ten year old self questioned.

Shane didn’t reply but picked me up and chucked me on the spare bed where he was sleeping.

“What are you doing, Shane?” I asked softly. He lightly caressed my cheek before smashing his lips onto mine.

“What in the lord’s name are you doing?” I asked as I pulled away.

“You’re so beautiful”, he whispered.

“I’m almost 10 and you’re about 40”, I yelled.

“I’m 35”, he corrected.

“Still! Are you crazy?” I asked.

“I’m completely sane”, he said before kissing my neck. I tried to wriggle out of his grip.

“Struggling won’t make this go any easier”, Shane said with a smirk as he pinned me down and started to undress me. He kissed all over me before... raping me.

“Shane, you’re a monster”, I said as I laid in the bed.

“Sugar, I’m not a monster. You just fulfilled my needs”, he responded.

“I want a shower”, I said in a small voice.

“Okay then baby”, he replied as he watched me get up from the bed and into the bathroom. I was only 9 and had no idea of what had just happened. I grabbed my pink and purple PJ’s and went into the bathroom. I turned on the shower and climbed in. I sat down and let the water run down my head. My legs were hurting.

“Stand up for me”, Shane’s voice rang. I looked up to see a naked Shane.

“Please leave me alone”, I whimpered.

“Why should I?” he asked.

“You hurt me Shane”, I whispered.

“Trust me. It won’t hurt this time”, he reassured.

“This time?” I questioned. He nodded before doing it again.  

He did it to me several times after and soon I had gotten used to it. I tried to stop him.

Soon my parents came back and I told them but they didn’t believe me. The only person that believed me was Ashton.

End of Flashback

I had told Carl the story. By then I was crying.

“Jade, baby, I’m so sorry”, he said as he engulfed me in a hug.

“I shouldn’t have been listening but I was, Jade. I’m sorry”, Michonne said as she moved next to me.

“I-It’s okay. You would find out in time”, I replied before wiping my eyes, “He soon stopped doing it and actually treated me really nice. I think he might have been high or drunk or something when he did what he did”.

“Just so you know Jade, I would never do anything like that to you. If I ever did I would be eternally regretful”, he said as his eyes burned into mine. I gave him a small smile.

“I-I was scared of telling you”, I stated.

“Why?” he asked with a confused face.

“Because… I didn’t want to seem weak, especially during an apocalypse. I didn’t want to let my guard down but then I decided to tell you. I thought that it was best you knew”, I admitted.

He nodded but then asked, “Why did you tell me though?”

I sighed, “Do you remember the conversation we started having before the Governor attacked?”

Realisation spread across his face and he nodded.

“You need some sleep. I’m keeping watch”, Michonne said as she looked over at us. I nodded and lay down next to Carl.

“Goodnight Michonne”, I said.

“Goodnight”, she replied.

“Yeah, ‘night”, Carl added

“Goodnight Jade”, he whispered.

“Goodnight Carl”, I replied. He kissed me on the lips.

A/N- Hey guys... so Shane raped her. Awkward since he almost did the same thing to Lori! He has a history! 

What do you think Jade and Carl's ship name should be? Jarl or Cade or something else?

Remember to Vote, Follow, Share and add to favourites!

Update soon, 

MadGirl xxx.