20. Destination Found

Jade's Point of View

I sat by Carl nurturing him. He was in shock of what he had just been a part of. He was also in shock about the violence his father had towards the idiot of a man. Michonne sat next to me.

"Carl, honey, can you wait here with Michonne for a second?" I asked him. I wanted to go talk to Rick.

Carl nodded in response. Michonne smiled at me. I guess she knew what I was doing. I hoped out of the car and saw Daryl and Rick talking.

"How is he?" Rick asked me as soon as I saw him.

"He's... shaken up", I replied.

"Can you tell him that I'm sorry? I only did it because he deserved it", Rick asked. I smiled.

"It's not your fault. Carl knows it, he just needs some time", I replied.

"Thank you", he replied.

"Don't mention it. Rick, what you did there was for defence. I'm so glad that you did that. You saved Carl's life", I said gratefully as I sat next to Daryl and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Where did you go after the prison?" I asked Daryl.

"Well, I escaped with Beth. We went scavenging for food, drank alcohol and burnt down a house", he explained.

"You burnt down a house?" I questioned with a laugh.

"Yeah, well anyway, Beth and I were on the road and we stumbled across a house. Walkers surrounded us and she got out before me. I told her to meet me at the front but when I got there a saw a car driving off. That's when I met those guys", he concluded.

"Where do you think Beth is?" I questioned.

"I don't know. Maybe she's at that Terminus place?" Daryl suggested.

"Maybe", I stated.

~*~

I had fallen asleep next to Daryl and woke as the sun did. Daryl was still asleep. Everyone was asleep except Rick.

"You can go to sleep. I'll take watch", I said to Rick. He started to object but then realised how tired he was. I withdrew my gun and looked around. Once again I heard the familiar growling sound so I put my gun back in its holster and took out my knife. I silently walked up to it and stabbed it in the head.

"Jade, why are you up so early?" I heard the familiar voice of Michonne say.

"I'm on watch", I replied casually as I pulled the knife out of the walkers head.

"Carl was missing you. You didn't come back to the car last night", she stated.

I sighed before saying, "I was talking to Daryl and I must've fallen asleep". Michonne nodded in response but looked at Carl asleep in the car before looking at me. She did it a few time, motioning me to go see Carl.

"I'm on watch though", I argued.

"I'll take it for you", she suggested.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive".

I walked over to Carl and lightly shook him so that he would awaken.

"Is it morning?" Carl grumbled.

"Yes, it is. How are you feeling? Are you alright?" I asked.

"I'm fine", he replied before asking, "What about you? A few guys... grabbed you".

I smiled at his compassionate ways.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Killed a few guys", I said as I brushed my fingertips slightly over my silver gun. I looked at Carl with a smile.

"Your dad was just protecting you, Carl. I know he got quite violent but he was doing it for your sake", I stated as I saw that Rick had awoken.

"I know", he replied, "I know he was doing that for me and I'm thankful, but he's never done something that violent in front of me". I leaned in and nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck.

"You'll be fine", I replied.

We headed out onto the tracks again. There were leaves covering it and tree's surrounded us. The leaves ranged from yellow to orange and brown. Rick and Michonne were walking at the front, followed by Daryl and then Carl and I.

"We're getting close. We'll be there before sundown", Daryl said as we came to a stop.

"Now we make it through the woods. We don't know who they are", Rick commented.

"Alright", I said as I turned and walked towards the woods. It wasn't long until we stumbled along a fence, very similar to the ones at the prison. We snuck behind the fence (which was covered in vines and weeds) and had a look. There was a warehouse with the words TERMINUS spelt out on individual panels.

"We all spread out, watch for a while, see what we see, and get ready. We all stay close", Rick said before turning to Carl and asking, "You want to stick with me?"

"It's all right", Carl replied as he walked off with Michonne.

"I'll go with you", I suggested to Rick to whom he nodded in response.

"Why didn't you go with Carl and Michonne?" he asked.

"I don't know", I replied, "I guess I wanted to give Carl some space. Michonne and him are friends. Plus, I wanted to keep you company".

"Why?" he questioned.

"Ever since we left the prison Carl hasn't been that... nice to you. I think because we're out here risking our lives he's confused. He still loves you but I think he just wants some space at the moment. Maybe once we get settled in at Terminus he'll open up to you again", I explained.

"Maybe", he stated.

We walked around and checked our surroundings. I looked through the diamond fence which reminded me of the prison. I saw some people in the distance. I couldn't see anyone we knew though. Maybe no one had made it yet. Maybe no one was coming. Maybe Glenn and Maggie had found each other and decided not to go.

"Can you see anyone?" Rick asked me.

"Just some guys with guns. I suppose they're on watch", I said before looking up at Rick.

"Where?" he asked.

"On the other side of the building. They wouldn't be able to see us from here", I stated before starting to climb the fence a little.

"Jade, get down from there", Rick warned me.

"I'm trying to get a better look. I won't climb too high", I replied. I looked over the fence. The area was pretty big and mostly concreted. The tracks ran through it and it had gates at almost every entrance.

"It seems quite secure", I commented as I climbed back down the fence.

Soon we all gathered together again and started to climb over. Once I had reached the top of the fence I climbed over the other side and jumped down. Now it was time to walk in... not knowing what to expect.

Author's Note- Hey guys! I hope you liked it!

I really don't know what to do after they go to Terminus since that's were season 4 ends! Please comment any suggestions.

Update soon

xxx

~MadGirl