Chapter 12: Like My Father

"Cindy.." I began to say, rising from the chair. I quickly picked up the phone and pressed the End button.

She put her hand out and shook her head. "No."

"Please, Cindy. I-I can ex-"

"No!" She yelled louder. The tears started to flow faster from her eyes.

I looked to the side, in search for an explanation. "Cindy, please-"

"Shut up! Just shut up! You are a liar, Jason!"

"Cindy, it's not what you think."

"No, it's not what I think. I know you were at that club with some chick."

My mouth dropped.

Who told her?

"What..how did you-"

"You know my friend, Joanna? Yeah, well she was there that night too. She saw you. She said you were having quite an intimate dance with that girl." Her voice was shaky and unstable.

"But you know what, when she called and told me, I didn't want to believe it. I thought she had saw someone else that just looked like you. But, now..now I know it's the truth." She went on.

"Cindy, I'm so-"

"Shut. Up! I don't even want to hear you, right now." She stormed back upstairs.

I followed her, afraid of what actions she was about to do.

"Cindy, what are you doing?"

She pushed open our bedroom door and it slammed into the wall. She pulled out her suitcase from under our bed.

"Cindy, please don't leave. Please."

My whole life was falling apart right in front of me. All because of a mistake I made.

She ignored my pleas and continued cramming random articles of clothing into her suitcase.

"Cindy!" I yelled, now feeling my own share of tears building up.

She yanked her head around towards me. "Don't you ever yell at me!"

I paced around the room with my head in my hands.

"Never once did I cheat on you, Jason. And now you're gonna' go and pull this? Just because we got into a fight?" She scoffed and zipped up her suitcase sloppily.

She picked up the suitcase and dragged it out into the hallway. Next, she headed for Annah's nursery.

I followed her. "Cindy, you're not taking Annah. You can leave if you want but you are not taking Annah."

She looked at me with the most disgusted expression. "This is my daughter. My daughter!" She yelled in a hushed tone.

"She's my daughter too." I said, calmly in hopes of getting the same tone.

"Is it? Or maybe it's Bridget's baby." She mocked.

Before I knew it my hand collided with her face and a shriek sounded.

I looked slowly at my hand that was still raised, then I looked back down at Cindy who was fully crying now.

"Oh my God..Cindy!" I tried to pull her into me, but she fought me all the way.

"Get the hell away from me!" She grabbed Annah and ran downstairs.

"Cindy!" I yelled, trying to catch up with her.

She ran out the door with a now crying, Annah.

"Leave me alone, Jason!" She yelled strapping Annah in her car seat.