Chapter 18: He's Back

**WARNING: If you aren't comfortable reading content that contains drug references or slang, then please do not read this chapter !**

"Do you think she's gonna' be OK?" I asked Heather as we proceeded back down the hallway.

"I don't know. She's really shaken up by this. I mean, can you blame her?"

We continued to walk in silence until we got outside to see Sean still sitting on the bench.

Heather and I exchanged glances and she motioned for me to go over to him.

"I have to get home. Kendrick's by himself with the kids. Lord knows what's going on there." She rolled her eyes.

I nodded and said, "OK. Thanks for coming. I'm sure Alea will appreciate it."

"Yeah. I worry about that girl though. I know how it feels to lose a child." She looked around nervously. "Well, I'm off."

She waved her hand as she walked away. I looked over at Sean who seemed to be separated from the world around him. He was hunched over with his face facing the ground.

I walked over to him and sat down on the bench. He didn't move a muscle, except for the occasional head movements from sniffing.

"My life's over, Jason." He said with his head still almost on the ground.

"No it's not. You and..Alea are gonna' get through this together."

He sniffed and raised his head to look at me. "She didn't even want me in the room, Jason. I think getting through it is out of the question."

"You don't know that."

"And you do?" He snapped.

I remained silent.

He sighed. "I feel like absolute shit right now."

"It's not your fault."

"Gosh, how did the doctors not catch..not catch it." He began to cry again.

A couple of minutes went by filled with his silent sobs and words of sadness.

"Did you talk to her?"

I looked at him. "Not really. She didn't say anything."

"Oh."

"Except that...it was a girl."

His eyes grew. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah..she told me when I was leaving."

He hunched over again, his head practically dragging the ground. "I could have had a daughter."

More like Carson could have had a daughter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I was driving home, thoughts of my own child came into my mind. I missed Annah terribly.

That day when I saw her with that man, I felt like murdering him right then and there. Holding my daughter like she was his.

I paused and considered the fact that- she might even be his. I quickly erased this thought and continued thinking of a way to get at least Annah back, if not Cindy.

When I arrived back home, Yolanda's car was gone and I let out a small "Yes!"

Even after concluding that her car was gone, I still entered my house cautiously, fully aware of the damage she could do.