#16: Jealousy

Jaejoong's eyes followed Jaein as she mingled around the crowd that night. He observed her from afar, as he knew that she would not talk to him again after what he just did earlier. He realised that he could had been wrong, and misunderstood her for the whole time. But though he was desperate to know what happened to her note, he could not do anything about that until he went back to Korea. So meanwhile, he stole as many glances at Jaein, as humanly possible without her noticing, because he had missed her so much.

She had changed quite a lot. Now that she actually paid MORE attention to her looks, she was looking more and more beautiful than a year ago. In fact, she was becoming TOO charming to him, she was attracting quite a bit of attention from the other young men from the other organisations in the party.

And what totally sucked for Jaejoong, was that he wanted to go up and pull her away into his arms, claiming her as HIS, and shielding her from all those straying eyes of all "the flies" around her. But he could not do that...

So all he could do was to sulk in his heart, whilst stealing glances at Jaein, who was smiling so sweetly at all "the flies". But not even ONCE looking in his direction, or acknowledging his presence...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flashes of Jaejoong's politely conversing with the guests appeared within Jaein's vision when she spoke to the guests throughout the night. It was as if he would not leave her alone. He always seemed to be in her line of sight whenever she was socialising. And it was hard for Jaein not to notice him, despite trying her very best to mentally block his face out.

She still could not help noticing his face shine out from amongst all the other guests. It felt as if though the place was so crowded, there were only the two of them, and he was just standing in front of her face, vying for her attention.

Moreover, there were many female guests gathered around him, trying to get his attention, and flirting with him. After graduation, and some time in university and working in the society, he was looking much more suave and poised than before. And even though he was still pretty much as cold as before, his male charisma was increasing, and she could sense it, even if she was miles away. He is a kingka afterall. In that suit, how could the rest compare to him? He was a natural-born star amongst all the male guests that night, shining brightly, and sticking out like a sore thumb to Jaein.

It annoyed her very much, because she still felt something for him, despite being mad at him. But no matter what she did, his face was still always there in front of her, along with the crowd of buzzing "bees" around him, the "flower". So she busied herself with the numerous guests that her CEO had introduced to her, trying to block his face and all the women around him out, even if it was futile.

As the night slowly came to an end, the guests slowly parted ways and left in their vehicles. Jaein was waiting for her car to be brought over by the valet when she noticed Jaejoong coming out from the door with a bunch of "bees" still hovering around him. She was quite annoyed, so when her car came, she slammed her car door very hard before zooming off at high speed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaein slammed her car door. She reached her apartment, and walked angrily from the carpark to the lift lobby, when complaining rather loudly...

Jaein (punching the lift button a few times angrily and impatiently): STUPID KIM JAEJOONG!!! HOW CAN HE INSULT ME LIKE THAT, AND THEN GO PARADE AROUND WITH A POSSE OF FLIRTATIOUS SLUTS IN FRONT OF MY FACE!!! I HATE HIM!!! I HATE HIM!!! DON'T EVER LET ME SEE HIM AGAIN, OR ESLE I'LL... I'LL....

Jaein punched the lift button a few times angrily and impatiently. The lift doors opened, and she entered the lift.

Jaein: AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!