#17: Mianeyo...

*DING LEVEL 1*

Jaein ran out of the lift, and dashed into the carpark aimlessly. She searched desperately around for Jaejoong, but he was nowhere to be seen.

Jaein's thoughts: Eodiseo??!!! WHERE ARE YOU??!!!! PLEASE DON'T BE GONE ALREADY!!!

Jaein jumped around as she ran through the carpark, hoping to catch a glimpse of Jaejoong getting into his car, or in his car. But there were TOO MANY cars. And her tube dress and heels didn't make things easier for her at all.

*SCREEEEEECCCCCHHHHH*

The sound of car tyres screeching against the carpark floor made Jaein look at the direction where the sound came from. She ran towards it only to see Jaejoong driving off in his car.

Jaein (desperately): KIM JAEJOONG!!!! STOP!!!! KAJIMAL!!!! DON'T GO!!!! WAIT!!!!

Jaejoong didn't seem to hear her at all, and he continued driving off towards the exit. She tried to pick up speed to run after his car. But she couldn't catch up with him at all. As she saw the car drive out of the exit, she missed her footing, and she fell...

Jaein's thoughts (looking at the exit in despair): He... he... he's... gone....

Jaein slammed her palms continuously on the floor in frustration (with herself), and broke down in tears.

Jaein's thoughts: Why did I have to be so bent on pushing him away, when it's causing me so much pain? Didn't he say that he still loved me? Now he's gone... forever... Why did I have to force him away? WHY WHY WHY???!!!! WHY AM I SUCH AN IDIOT???!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaejoong's car...

Jaejoong drove out of Jaein's apartment carpark, only to stop his car a few metres away. He slammed his hands onto his steering wheel in frustration.

Jaejoong's thoughts: WHY MUST SHE BE SO STUBBORN??!!! WHY CAN'T SHE BELIEVE ME???!!! CAN'T SHE SEE THAT I STILL LOVE HER VERY MUCH???!!! CAN'T SHE SEE THAT SHE'S THE ONLY ONE I WANT??!!!

He stared angrily out into the dark night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaein closed her eyes, and collapsed onto the floor, hugging herself in a foetus position. Her heart ached tremendously. It was even worse than when she left a year ago. She was having trouble breathing, and it felt like she was going to die.

A pair of hands touched her, and she opened her tear-filled eyes. The bright light from the carpark blinded her eyes temporarily. A blur image appeared in front of her...

Gwenchanayo?

That voice.

So familiar.

And yet so foreign.

Jaein blinked her eyes a few times to clear her vision.

The first thing she saw was Jaejoong's worried eyes staring at her.

She blinked a few more times to make sure that she was hallucinating due to the pain that she was experiencing.

Jaein (weakly): Jae...joong...

Jaejoong pulled Jaein into his arms, hugging her tightly.

Jaejoong: Thank goodness you're alright... I thought something happened to you when I saw you lying on the floor just now...