Chapter 16

Will was fidgeting uncomfortably in the back of the car on the way to the hospital. Hannibal held his head in his lap, trying to hold back tears. He didn't want to lose his best friend, not again.

*Flashback*

A 7 year old Hannibal, his light hair sticking to his forehead with sweat, laughed as he ran through the forest at the back of hands after his best friend Karl. They had been inseparable for years and because of this, many people mistook them as brothers. They were playing tag in the damp woods and Hannibal was gaining on him fast. Karl had to slow down a little so that he could catch his breath but Hannibal didn't notice as they collided with a thud and landed on the floor in a fit of giggles. they laid there for a short while before Hannibal tug Karl, let out a triumphant laugh and ran off in the opposite direction. Karl groaned and chased shortly after him. Than ran nearly all the way back to Hannibal's house. 

Karl caught up with Hannibal and tackled him to the floor for pay back from the last tumble he caused. "Hannibal, Karl?" They heard Hannibal's mother call. They began the short walk back, laughing about the events of the day and trying to guess what Hannibal's mother has cooked them for their tea when suddenly out of no where a gunshot rang out cause Hannibal to drop his head and cover his ears. He uncovered his ears with enough time to hear a small thump and he turned in horror to find Karl, his best friend, slumped against the ground. 

He screamed and cried as loud as he could while turning Karl's lifeless body on his back to face him. Karl had two bullet holes, one in the side of his neck and the other went through his abdomen. Hannibal was distraught and he didn't know what to make of this situation, so he just clung with all his might to his friends body a he cried. He screamed for his mum as a hunter came into view who was pale as a sheet and watched as the man fell to his knees sobbing. Hannibal's mother and father came crashing through the trees and into the small clearing where they all were. Hannibal's mother immediately scooped Hannibal up into a ball in her arms and held him will tears streamed down his face. 

Hannibal's dad looked up at the both of them and shook his head slightly, which just made him cry harder and Hannibal's mother held back a sob.

*BACK TO REALITY*

After Will woke up and the hospital released him all three of them traveled back home in silence. "Thank you" Will spoke in a quiet voice. He wasn't sure who he was saying this to because both the Lectors' needed an apology. Hannibal just gave him a weak smile, but Will could see he was exhausted and Hannibal's Dad spoke up. "It's quite alright Will, I'm just glad we got there in time" He kept his eyes on the road and as the backed into the driveway Hannibal got out of the car and said "I'm going to bed" And with that he was gone. Will just sat there in the car for a minute, lost in his thoughts. He jumped when Dr Lector opened the car door to let him out. 

"I never have had the chance to thank you for your hospitality, Dr Lector" Dr Lector looked down to the small boy stood in front of him and held out his hand "Please,Charlie" He said as will shook his hand. Will gave a small smile, how has Hannibal got a name like his from a man with such a normal name?

"I'm going to go to bed as well" Will hesitated for a moment before continuing "Thank you, Charlie" Dr Lector closed the door behind them and watched Will retreat to his room and he walked into the kitchen. Upstairs Will was just stood with his back against the drawers thinking about something that has been playing on his mind for a while now. "Did he say what i think he did?" Will questioned himself quietly. there was only one way to find out.He opened his bedroom door silently and padded down the hall to Hannibal's room. He slipped in and approached his bed where Hannibal lay motionless. Will bent down and whispered, "I love you too" And began to walk away. He gave a small yelp of surprise as he felt something grab his arm. Will spun on his heel to find that it was Hannibal, who pulled him down and smashed their lips together. Once they broke apart Will retreated quietly with a happy grin on his face and walked back to his bed. 

AN

I am so sorry it took so long to update guys i have been caught up in a shed load of school work.

Well, as always, I thank you very much for reading and hope you will continue on.

Cheerio Kiddos

-Ash