Chapter 37

As his hit the groung both Will and Hannibals dad let out a scream. The only difference was that Will couldn't help, he couldn't hold his best friend. All he could do was watch as Dr Lecter tried his best to stem the blood while his other hand reached for the landline stood on the side board in the hall. 

"This is my design" Will muttered as he was brought back to reality, he was hyperventillating as he stumbled down the stairs into the arms of a cop. Will didnt look up, infact he tried to push through the man in a trench coat but he wouldn't budge. 

"Kid" Will didnt stop, his word was getting hazy as he struggled to catch his breath. "Hey, look at me, Breathe. Just breathe" as he said that he started to breathe loudly and slowly to try to get Will to copy him and after a minute, he did. Will started to calm down, he looked at the man with tears in his eyes and apologiesed. 

"What do yo have to be sorry for?" Will blinked away the tears, finally seeing the man that stood before him, he was a fairly tall man in a trench coat. His intense blue eyes gave Will a once over beofre leaving the house. "I am the dectective looking after this case" He pulled ot a card and handed it to Will. "If you can think of anything that may help me, please dont hesitate to ring, night or day" His kind voice reminded him of his mother. Will looked up to say something but the man was gone.
Stuffing the card in his pocket, he rushed down to the hospital to make sure Hannibal actually lived through this. All the way many thoughts where running through his mind. What if he dies? What if he was awake and wanted to talk?
Will pushed these from his mind. Only wanting to see him and then disappear before Hannibal knew he was there. He slowed from a run to a fast walk to try and catch his breath when flashing lights stopped him. It was the detective in squad car.
"You going to the hospital to see your friend?" The detective asked when his window rolled down. Will nodded still too out of breath to speak.
"Hop in." The detective motioned to the empty seat beside him. "In going there too".
Will climbed into the seat, his legs thanking him for the rest and they sped off down the street towards the hospital.

AN.
Hello all.
I am hoping to get an update a day out for you. Which so far is going to plan!

Thank you all for the support!

Cheerio kiddos
ASH