Chapter 47

Will felt awkward opening up like that to someone he didn't know, but it was nice telling someone about it without them interjecting with their thoughts and feelings about the situation, and by the end of the story, he felt like a small weight had been lifted of of his chest. Dr Stephens sat on a chair in the corner of the room, making notes, she didn't expect anything from Will, no eye contact, no niceties, she just wanted to hear him talk about what had left him in such a state. 

They discussed his nightmares, his lack of sleep and his trouble talking to others, which seemed silly because he had no problem talking to the doctor. She continued to write on the paper and nodded as Will talked about his dad and what happened, he talked about Hannibal and how he didn't understand why they aren't talking. By the end of the one way conversation, Will felt like a huge weight was lifted off of his shoulders and he physically breathed a sigh of relief.

Dr Stephens prescribed a sleep aid to help him sleep more and was happy to discharge him as long as he promised to come to the scheduled sessions on a Tuesday and Thursday. He agreed and she offered to walk him down to the pharmacy which Will happily accepted because he didn't want to get lost. He picked up the pill and said good bye to the doctor with a smile on his face. 

When he left the hospital he realised he would have to go home to an empty house, so he called Dean and told him everything that had happened and what he was doing. 

"Do you mind staying with me for a little bit I don't want to be alone." Will asked while trying not to sound utterly pathetic to Dean, who laughed a little because he could tell Will was trying to act tuff. The shake in his voice was what gave it away.

"Of course I am" Dean said, you cold  hear the smile in his voice. "Ill grab some clothes and come meet you at the hospital if you want. So you don't have to go home and wait"

"That great. Thank you so much" Will had a genuine smile on his face as he said this. "You don't mind dogs do you?" He asked before Dean hung up. 

"I have two of my own, I have no problem with them, in fact, I love dogs" Will was happy that he wouldn't have to lock his dogs up. They talked some more and once they had said their good byes, Will walked back into the hospital café to have a hot drink while he waited for Dean. He couldn't wait for a good night sleep, it had been so long, and he always felt safer with someone else in the house with him.