eleven.

"So, how do you like the food?" Scott asks as he looks up at Mitch.

"Delicious," Mitch answers as he takes another bite of his spaghetti. "I'm glad I decided to get the spaghetti. I don't normally eat foods like this. I've been trying to be more gluten free."

"What? Why didn't you tell me that?" Scott asks.

Mitch shrugs. "Didn't think you would care," he mumbles.

"That's it. When we get home, we're going to throw out everything that isn't gluten free-"

"Scott," Mitch sighs as he looks up at the Alpha. "Don't do that."

"Why not? You should be able to eat how you want," Scott frowns.

"Then just buy me gluten free stuff next time. We're not gonna waste all the food in our kitchen, and just because I want to try something new doesn't mean you should give up your foods,"

"Fine," Scott grumbles. "I'll send Kevin out tomorrow."

"Or, we could go out for ourselves?" Mitch asks, raising his eyebrows.

Scott instantly looks up at Mitch. "Uh, last time we did that... it didn't work out so well, remember?"

"So, what? You're suggesting that we never leave the house ever again?" Mitch asks.

"Well... no. That's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying that something bad always usually happens," Scott says. "An Alpha will see you and think they can walk all over you just because you're unmarked."

"Well, that's what I have you for. I'll just stay by your side and you'll protect me," Mitch says.

"You trust me enough for me to protect you?" Scott asks, smiling a little. "I'm an Alpha... but I'm not the strongest. I hardly have any muscles to protect you. I'm not saying that I couldn't protect you but..." He shrugs. "Maybe I should start working out. We do have a gym in the basement."

"We have a gym?" Mitch asks, his eyes widening. "What the hell?"

Scott laughs. "We have a lot of things. I thought you explored the whole place?"

"I thought I did too. I've seen the library which is amazing. I've never seen so many books in my life and it's nice seeing books after not going to school, and I've seen the movie theater which is where I spend most of my time, then there's the little game room. Anything else?" Mitch asks.

"That's about it. There's the punishment room we have but I try to use that as little as possible,"

Mitch shivers, instantly getting flashbacks to his first punishment in the room with Scott.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't want to do that. It was really hard for me to punish you," Scott frowns.

"It's okay," Mitch shrugs. "Let's just keep it so that I don't have to get anymore punishments."

"Deal," Scott nods. "Which means you won't give me attitude anymore?"

"Don't get your hopes up. Maxwell may have broken me down, but there will always be a little attitude in me whether you like it or not," Mitch says confidently.

"I've missed hearing you talk. I felt so horrible after what Maxwell did, and- oh no," Scott bites his lip as he looks up and sees Maxwell walk into the restaurant with a couple of other Alphas and a couple Omegas.

Mitch looks over and whimpers slightly when he sees Maxwell. He's terrified of that Alpha.

"Are you finished eating? We can leave-" Scott says as he quickly pulls out his wallet.