twenty two.

A/N: Sorry for the random time skip. I was running out of ideas so this happened lol.

****

Two years pass and things have definitely gotten better between Scott and Mitch, thankfully.

They worked on their relationship and communication as much as they possibly could. Scott is a much better Alpha and is very protective of Mitch. He loves him and cares for him and treats him the way he wants to be treated which Mitch appreciates greatly.

Mitch still has some attitude problems but he's definitely gotten better.

Avi and Kirstie were finally able to move in and they started a pack which they called 'Pentatonix' with Kevin included as their Beta, as they were all pretty much choir nerds and loved music so that's where their name came from. Avi still works for Scott but it's just easier for everybody now that they all live together. Kirstie and Mitch are practically best friends still.

"I'm fucking terrified, Kirst. Is this actually happening?" Mitch asks shakily as he's sat on the bathroom toilet while Kirstie is standing up with a pregnancy test in her hands.

"It's okay to be terrified. I mean, having a baby is scary. You're ready, aren't you?" Kirstie asks.

"I'm eighteen. My parents were expecting me to have children as soon as Scott and I got married but... we were nowhere near ready to have children back then. But, we're better now," Mitch says. He looks up and frowns when he sees the look on Kirstie's sad face when she is looking at the pregnancy test. "What is it? Kirstie, please..."

Kirstie sighs sadly as she looks over at Mitch. "Negative,"

Mitch stares at her, his ears not wanting to believe what she just told him. "You're lying,"

"I'm sorry Mitch," Kirstie says as she shows him the pregnancy test.

Mitch grabs the test from her and then he throws it across the bathroom before standing up and storming out of the bathroom without saying another word to Kirstie.

Kirstie quickly stands up and runs to Scott's office. She hesitates before knocking on the door.

"Come in!"

Kirstie opens the door and walks into his office.

Scott looks up and is surprised when he sees Kirstie. "What do you want? I'm very busy,"

"It's Mitch," she says nervously. "The pregnancy test... it was negative."

Scott stands up immediately and rushes out of the bathroom. He knows exactly where to go.

The nursery.

Scott takes a deep breath before pushing the door open to the nursery and walking in. He looks up and frowns when he sees Mitch sitting in the rocking chair.

Mitch stares at his hands that are resting in his lap, though he knows Scott is there.

Scott walks over to Mitch and leans down in front of him. "Mitchy?"

Mitch sniffs. "W-Will we ever be able to use this r-room?" He asks quietly.

"Of course we will sweetheart," Scott says, giving Mitch a reassuring smile. "You couldn't have expected everything to go right on our first try. This is all brand new to us."

"My parents are getting impatient-"

"This isn't about your parents. This is about you. You're the one who will be carrying the baby. We're just going to have to keep trying. I know it's tiring but I'm willing to wait," Scott says softly.

"You've been waiting two years. We agreed on one year," Mitch whimpers.

"That's okay. You weren't ready and I wasn't going to pressure you," Scott says.

"I'm still not ready but I'm afraid of what my father will do if I don't give him grandchildren," Mitch says as a couple of tears fall out of his eyes. "I can't keep waiting. We have to do this now."

"Hey, stop-" Scott reaches up and gently wipes away Mitch's tears. "Having a baby takes time. Your dad love you and I know he wouldn't do anything to hurt you. We're gonna keep trying."

Mitch sobs and throws himself into Scott's arms, hugging him tightly.

"Oh, sweetheart," Scott whispers as he hugs him comfortingly. "It's going to be okay. I promise."

"I-I just want to have a b-baby," Mitch cries.

"We're gonna have that baby. I promise you. I will do whatever it takes to get you that baby. We'll just have to try again on your next heat," Scott says softly before pulling away. "I think someone needs a nap. Do you want to go lay down?"

Mitch slowly nods and clutches on to Scott. "Cuddles?"

"Of course, princess," Scott says before swooping Mitch up in his arms. "Mine or yours?"

"Yours. Why do I even have that bedroom still. I can't even remember the last time I went in there," Mitch yawns as he rests his head on Scott's shoulder.

Scott laughs as he carries Mitch out of the nursery. "Privacy?"

"Fuck privacy. I just want to sleep and cuddle with my Alpha," Mitch says tiredly.

Scott finally gets Mitch into bed in his bedroom, and tucks him in before cuddling with him.

"Goodnight princess," Scott whispers as he gently holds Mitch in his arms.