thirty one.

A/N: Is there anything you guys would want to see happen before this book ends? It's not ending yet but it will be soon.

Would you want to see Scott and Mitch try again for another baby?

Let me know :)

****

The next few weeks pass by slowly with Mitch and Scott not really speaking to each other, and both dealing with the loss of their babies differently. Scott turns to alcohol while Mitch shuts everyone out.

Mitch spends most of his time either locked up in is bedroom or in the library, keeping himself busy with reading the thousands of books that the Hoying's have. He figures it's better for him not to talk to anybody until he's completely healed from the kidnapping. Though he fears he'll never be healed from the event.

His and Scott's parents ended up suing Maxwell for all the damage that he did to Mitch. Mitch appreciated the thought but he just desperately wants to forget that any of this happened.

It's a Sunday evening when Mitch finally makes his way upstairs to the kitchen when he hears voices.

"Congratulations, Kirstin. I'm... happy for you and Avi,"

Mitch instantly recognizes the voice to be Scott. Scott hasn't been home the past week or so much so he's surprised that Scott's actually home. He kind of misses his Alpha but he'd never admit that.

"It came at a really bad time. We tried waiting for as long as we possibly could but then my heat came and it just happened. I'm so sorry. You and Mitch are still recovering from your loss..." Kirstie says sadly.

"You shouldn't apologize..."

"But everything that happened with Mitch..."

Mitch slowly walks closer to the lounge, where he can see Kirstie and Scott talking with each other.

"You shouldn't hold back just because something happened to us, Kirstin. It was absolutely devastating and we'll move on eventually, though it might take us awhile..." Scott sighs.

"Mitch..." Kirstie's eyes widen as soon as she sees him standing in the doorway of the lounge, very clearly aware of the situation. She didn't want him to find out like this.

Scott immediately turns around to face Mitch.

Mitch looks up at Scott as his eyes begin to water up.

"Mitchy..."

Mitch immediately runs out of the lounge before Scott could say anything to him.

"Mitch!"

Scott follows Mitch, he follows him until they run out to the garden. The garden is a massive area outside that Mitch only goes where he really wants to hide from people. Mitch runs until he trips on his feet and falls onto the grass, with tears pouring down his face.

"Mitch, oh my God..." Scott immediately runs over to him and he helps him sit up. "Shh, it's okay Mitch. Deep breath. Deep breath. Listen to me, okay?"

Mitch tries taking deep breaths, but he can't concentrate on anything.

"Baby..."

Mitch flinches as soon as Scott calls him that.

"I-I'm sorry-" Scott's eyes widen at Mitch's reaction. "Look, here..." Scott grabs Mitch's hands and he places them over his heart. "Listen, do you feel that? Don't focus on anything else but my breathing."

It takes Mitch a few moments before he finally settles down.

Scott sighs in relief and then he pulls Mitch into a hug, holding him close. "it's okay, Mitchy. I'm here,"

Mitch instantly buries his face in Scott's chest, letting a few more tears slip out of his eyes. He hasn't had this type of comfort in a long time and he honestly missed it.

"I've got you, sweetheart," Scott whispers softly as he gently holds onto Mitch, keeping him close.

Mitch sniffs and wipes away his tears before looking at Scott. He feels like he hasn't seen him in so long.

"Alpha..."

Scott instantly looks down at Mitch, surprised that Mitch called him Alpha. It has been so long since Mitch has called him that and he didn't like it either. He loves when Mitch calls him Scotty.

"Don't call me that. You know you can call me by my name," Scott tells him, gently kissing his forehead.

Mitch takes a deep breath and slowly nods though he isn't convinced. Maxwell would punish him if he didn't call him Alpha or Master and Mitch is scared that Scott would do the same thing.

"Kirstie..."

"Yeah," Scott confirms sadly. "She is pregnant. She and Avi have wanted to try for a long time."

Mitch closes his eyes and looks down at his hands.

"I'm sorry. I know you're still grieving," Scott says.

"I c-can't grieve forever," Mitch mumbles before pushing himself up on his feet. He looks at his arm and sighs with frustration when he sees that he has a big bruise there now. He's still got many bruises and scars from his time with Maxwell and this isn't going to help him.

"But Mitch..." Scott also stands up. "You have every right to grieve for as long as you'd like. I know it's not going to be easy watching Kirstin be pregnant. We can try working things out with them..."

Mitch glares at him, and he starts to walk away, but Scott quickly grabs Mitch's arms to stop him.

"Let go of me!" Mitch screams as he frantically tries to pull his arm away from Scott.

Scott gasps and quickly lets Scott of Mitch. He feels stupid, and knows that Mitch is still wary of Alphas.

Mitch whimpers and quickly runs away from him.

Scott takes a deep breath as he stands there.

They still have a long way to go before Mitch can trust him. But Scott is willing to wait for him.