thirty.

A/N: y'all are going to hate me for this one please don't throw things at me *hides* there's going to be a happy ending I PROMISE

****

Mitch is out for two days, and Scott doesn't leave his side once. He sits beside him and waits. He didn't leave the room unless it was a bathroom emergency, nor did he eat anything unless Kirstie was kind enough to bring him some food and forced him to eat it.

It isn't until early Tuesday when Scott feels movement on the bed. He slowly lifts his head out of his arms and looks up. He blinks a few times, trying to wake himself up.

Mitch slowly moves his arms and makes a noise of discomfort.

"Mitch?" Scott asks, sitting up fully. "Oh my God..."

Mitch whimpers and moves his legs. It takes him a moment before his eyes finally flutter open.

"Oh my... Mitch!" Scott flings his arm over Mitch and hugs him, sobbing as tears pour out of his eyes.

Mitch just lays there, confused as to where he is and how he got there. He looks around and notices that he's in one of the guest bedrooms. He gasps when he realizes that he's home, and no longer in the prison cell that Maxwell had kept him in for three months.

"Mitch," Scott sniffs as he looks up at the Omega. "I'm s-sorry-" He quickly wipes away his tears. "You must be thirsty o-or hungry. Are you in pain? What do you need?"

Mitch only stares at him, taking in the sight of the Alpha in front of him. He's been around lots of different Alphas since he's been with Maxwell, and not in a good way either. He almost forgot about his own Alpha but now he's unsure of who he can trust anymore. It's like they were back to where they started when they first got married. This is what Maxwell wanted.

Scott quickly pulls out his phone and calls Kevin.

Scott sets his phone down and then he reaches over and gently takes Mitch's hand. "Mitch, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry it took so long for you to get home. I looked everywhere that I could for you. I literally went knocking on doors to find you but I had no idea where you were nor did I know where to look. Maxwell just took you from home and I should have been there for you and the babies but I wasn't,"

Mitch squeaks and looks down at his stomach. He's been through a lot the past few months and he's terrified about the safety of his babies. Mitch has been feeling a lot of pain the past few days. Maxwell did not go easy on him when it came to punishments.

Scott gently places his hands on Mitch's stomach. "Everything's okay..."

Mitch shakes his head frantically as his eyes begin to water up.

Scott takes a deep breath. "W-We'll have the doctor come and look at everything. Okay?"

Mitch whimpers and closes his eyes, praying that the babies will be okay.

Scott calls a doctor over immediately, knowing that Mitch wouldn't be able to go to the hospital.

The doctor immediately starts checking on the babies, and Scott waits outside.

Scott waits for about a half an hour before Kevin comes back out.

"Do you have good news?" Scott asks as he walks up to Kevin.

Kevin looks up at Scott and slowly shakes his head. "The babies... they didn't make it,"

Scott stares at Kevin and his cheeks slowly start to turn red with anger.

"Alpha-"

Scott turns around and punches the wall before turning running off.

"Alpha!"

"What's going on?"

Kevin looks over and takes a deep breath when he sees Avi. "The babies..."

"Oh no. Don't tell me..."

"They didn't make it. Mitch went into shock and Alpha ran off," Kevin says.

"He's probably going to go find Maxwell. I mean... he is the reason why Mitch and the babies were in danger in the first place so really I don't blame him. Who knows what Maxwell did to Mitch. The babies couldn't have survived that. The police should have found him ages ago," Avi says before rushing into the bedroom to check on Mitch. "Doctor, how is he doing?"

"He's pretty shocked about the news but anyone would be," The doctor says.

"And, is Mitch healthy?" Avi asks. "He looks pretty beat up from what I could see."

"He is beat up quite a bit as his body is covered in bruises but... he's also healthy for the most part, aside from losing the babies. He just needs to rest and take it easy. Someone should be with him at all times until he's completely healed," the doctor tells him.

"There will be someone with him at all times. We'll make sure of it," Avi says.

"Normally it would be his Alpha but he's kind of... shocked, about the news as well," Kevin adds.

"I gave him some medicine that should help with the pain. If he needs it again, it's here in this bag. Just have him take one and that should help," the doctor explains to Avi and Kevin.

"Will do. Thank you again doctor," Avi says as he takes the medicine.

Kevin leads the doctor out while Avi stays with Mitch.

"Here's a glass of water if you need it. I'm not forcing you to drink it but it's there if you want it," Avi says as he places the glass of water on the bedside table. He knows that Mitch probably isn't listening but he still wants to help in any way that he can.

It doesn't take very long before Mitch breaks down and can't stop crying, leaving Avi there to comfort him because it's been hours and Scott still isn't back from wherever he went off to.

Avi is worried that Scott will breakdown and not talk to anybody because that's what he usually does when he receives bad news, but Mitch needs him now more than ever.

It isn't until midnight when Scott gets home.

Scott takes a deep breath and then he finally walks into the guest bedroom where Mitch is. Mitch is awake and Avi is with him but neither of them are talking. It was a comfortable silence.

Avi looks over and sighs in relief when he sees Scott standing there. He stands up and walks over to him.

"Where the hell have you been?" Avi hisses, glancing over at Mitch.

"Well... I started to drink but then I realized that I wanted justice for Mitch so I demanded the police to look for Maxwell until we found him," Scott explains.

"And... did you.... find him?" Avi asks curiously.

"You think I was going to let that man get away after all the shit he has done? He took my Omega and he's the reason why my babies didn't make it," Scott snaps. "Of course we fucking found him, and that asshole is going to rot in jail. I made sure of that. My parents are suing him too."

Avi smiles. "Good, I think this neighborhood is going to be much happier with him not around,"

"Now if you excuse me... I would like to be alone with my Omega now," Scott says as he gently pushes Avi out of the room and shuts the door. He takes a deep breath and then he walks over to Mitch. He feels awful for not being there for Mitch today but Mitch deserves justice. "Mitch?"

Mitch doesn't say anything though he knows that Scott is there.

Scott waits a moment before he finally crawls onto the bed and sits down beside Mitch, and then he grabs the blanket and covers Mitch with it, and then he wraps his arms around Mitch and holds him tightly yet gently so he doesn't hurt him. "It's going to be okay.., I promise,"

Mitch closes his eyes as a few tears slips out of his eyes.

Sure, Maxwell is going to jail for a very long time which Mitch is happy about but Mitch will never be able to trust another Alpha again.