Collecting Data Clusters

Chapter 3

I punched Viola's shoulder. "Get upppp! I didn't bring you so you could distract me like you just did, I brought you so I wouldn't be as bored while I'm doing- or supposed to be doing- this dull work." She grunted again. She didn't seem able to handle that much alcohol. I guess I had experience from my teenage-young adult years when that was all I did. 

I decided to let Viola sleep a little longer so I picked her up, layed my coat out across the bench, and placed her on it. I sat by her feet texting Matt rants about how much of a jerk he was. 

She finally woke up a few hours later. "Come on Viola. It's time to do work now." I said softly as I shook her gently. She let out a groan as she grumbled, "Do we really have to..? It's only..." she checked her watch. "Holy crap, it's 6:30! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?!" I stared at her, mouth open. "You told me to leave you alone and let you sleep! Look, whatever. It's too late now, what's done is done. Who cares if it's 6:30?" She sighed. "You're right. Sorry for snapping. I'm a grouch when I wake up." I smiled at her. "It's fine. Let's get going."

I started up the two seater and we were on our way. I pulled out my phone to text Kinzie about the job, until I was interrupted. "Ah ah ah!" Viola exclaimed, waving a finger at me. "Texting and driving- it can wait!" she smirked. I rolled my eyes and laughed with her. 

"You're getting close to it. It should be around here somewhere... Just drive around, I'll call in if you're getting too far, but it shouldn't be too hard to find."

I drove around the corner, and there it was. It was probably one of the most magnificent things I'd ever seen. It was just like Kinzie described, yet nothing like it. I cautiously approached the substance with Viola by my side. When I got to the edge of it, I hesitantly placed my hand through it, and I didn't feel anything. "Anything happen, Kinzie?" I called out. "No, you'll still need about two more, maybe three." I was kind of excited and scared. "Alright then. Come on Viola, let's go!"

We ended up collecting four more, and returned to Kinzie. "Well? I inquired. "The boss is having some sort of reaction. We need to get there. Fast." I turned to Viola. "My car is only a two seater. Kinzie, Viola, what cars do you have?" "Temptress," Viola stated with a hint of pride in her pretty voice. Then Kinzie mumbled, "Criminal... I have to drive Oleg around." Viola and I shared a small laugh that Kinzie caught. She was not  happy. "Well excuse me for actually helping out around here!" "Excuse me!" Viola snapped. "Please tell me what we literally just did. Sometimes, Kinzie.. Sometimes..." "Alright! Guys! Does that really matter right now? The boss. 

Neither of us trusted Kinzie to drive our cars; they were expensive (sorry Kinzie)! She took her Criminal and Viola and I went in her Temptress. The wine-red sports car sped along the road and Kinzie's Criminal trundled along, struggling to keep up. The two of us whooped as we watched Kinzie's heavy truck swivel around other cars, teetering on its wheels. 

When we got to the penthouse, we "accidentally" left Kinzie outside of the elevator. Viola rushed to Angel, "Where's the boss?" He nodded towards a door behind him. The two of us raced to the door and shoved it open. The sight of the boss was uncanny to say the least.