Nine: Caged Demons

A/N: Hey guys! Letting you know that my updating schedule will hopefully be back to Monday's, sorry but this week was hectic. So will the next four weeks as I finish my spring semester. So bare with me pls❤️

Happy reading, enjoy this chapter!

- • ∿ • -

Liesla Montez

 Ram–no, Valentin and I did not sleep together. It can't be possible, right?

 I know I was drunk but, not drunk enough to do that.

 When I woke up, embraced in his strong, inked arms, my mind went directly to Dayana then to Valentin's naked and built chest. That man is made by the hands a god and goddess. Tattoos practically cover the entirety of his chest, sparing some areas. They are so beautifully bewitching that it draws the attention of everyone.

 The one that had caught my attention is the one I never fully saw the first day I met him. This time, I finished studying it. I saw where the end of Poseidon's trident continues off to, it connects to another tattoo he has that is located just above his heart, two gloves chained together. They didn't look like boxing gloves or winter gloves, no. They had this particular shape and pattern that seems unique, different from anything I have ever seen. The whole tattoo was in black with the exception of the chain binding them together, which was colored in a vibrant silver. At the end of one of the gloves, there was a name written in cursive that I couldn't make out because Valentin caught me staring at him.

 Usually, I don't shy away from looking at someone but, this morning, I don't know what got into me. Maybe it was the way his light brown eyes drank up my body the same way I did with his, I don't know. However, when I saw that he tried to purposely make me nervous, I snapped back to who I am and sexily teased him. I would be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy our small back and forth, hell, I enjoyed the feel of his warm body next to mine.

 Everything was going well until he asked about my damn scar. That one scar that opened my eyes to my reality, the scar that became the first of many I have hidden in my body. I shut myself down and left. Valentin didn't even have a chance to say anything to keep me there, it's not like he would, we're just two barely acquainted people. Two people who have already shared a bed and who knows what else.

 Wow, I really don't remember what happened last night, my memories black out after our group circle dance. Maybe after I cure this raging hangover and sleep, I can try to remember what exactly happened. But first, I need to see Dayana. Well, after I shower because I reek of alcohol.

 Barely thirty minute go by when I finish cleaning myself up. Once, I am done, I begin walking to Isaac's house, eager to see my baby girl. Not even ten minute pass and I'm finally in front of their house, ringing their doorbell while I slightly jump in joy to see my daughter.

 The door slowly opens, revealing Isaac holding Dayana to his left side. Her beautiful eyes that were looking down at the Sully in her hands are now on me, widening with happiness as the seconds pass by. I hold my arms out and this little monkey quickly jumps into them, her face automatically goes to the crook of my neck while her arms try to hug me.

 "Mami, mami! Te extrañé, ya nos vamos?" Dayana asks, toying with her stuffed animal in between us.

 I chuckle, hugging her close to my body. "Muñeca, you have to say bye to Isaac and Frida. They did take care of you last night. Did you have fun?"