Twelve: Sulley and Mike

A/N: Sorry for the wait! It took much longer than expected to write this after I was done with my finals! Now I'm on break for a week! :)

Milestones: May 1st, we ranked #38!! And on Sunday, Inked Desire hit 10k+ reads! I can't believe this, my story just hit the third month anniversary of it being out. This is a huge accomplishment for myself and I can't be anymore grateful to those who read my story, Thank you.

Happy reading and enjoy!

- • ∿ • -

Valentin Ramirez

 A pair of blue mixed with green colored eyes are looking intently at me, almost as if they are trying to figure me out. They are wide, but not to much, just like her mother's. Long eyelashes compliment her eyes, followed by the small birthmark near the end of her left eye. The blue and the green color in her eyes are intense, battling it out with one another to become the more dominant, opposite to her mother's who brown and green colors sync in harmony like a tune.

 I don't know what it is with this little girl's eyes, but they are just as hypnotizing as her mother's. They are so expressive, almost easy to read yet also guarded, just like her mother.

 The small girl slowly approaches me, her arms dropping from Liesla's leg. She steps in front of me then slowly tugs my right hand. My face turns to awe, feeling warmth and wonder. The way her tiny hand barely wraps around two of my large fingers boggles my mind.

 My mind begins to savor the uniqueness of this moment, savoring this feeling of endearment that is slowly growing and spreading to the rest of my body, mind, and heart. She turns my hand, looking at it with curiosity, her little nose twitching along. Her fingertips slowly trace my rough palm for a good minute then she abruptly lets go, her eyes staring wide at me, throwing me off guard.

 "Sulley?" Her acute and soft voice fills my ears, soft-spoken and smooth. My eyebrows furrow in response, unsure as to what she's trying to say.

 In a swift move, she disappears from my sight and goes back into the house.

 "Erm, sorry about that. She's not used to meeting new people. Uh, please, come in." Liesla speaks up, tucking a loose hair from her bun to the back of ear. She looks nervous, uneasy, and maybe even a bit worried?

 Renata claps her hands then enters the house, Ric following behind while I take my time, still piecing everything together. As I walk into the living room, everything looks neat with the exception of a few kid toys and books on the couch and floor. The walls are a nice shade of a warm blue color with white crown molding. By the window facing the outside, there's a section filled with pictures of Liesla and her daughter. Some are goofy, while others are full of pure happiness. Each photo representing a different moment that must be dear to their hearts. Something tells me that these means much more to Liesla, she has this particular glow that is radiating off each photo, something beyond just pure happiness. The way her lips form the most genuine and tender smile

 I can't exactly pinpoint what it could be, but whatever it is, I only wish she could al

 Liesla has a daughter.

 The oddest thing about this section of photos is that the only other people seen with them are Isaac, Frida, and an older lady who has the same eyes as Liesla. No one else but those three people. It's tickling my curiosity like crazy; irking me to ask but, I know that I can't, that would only shut her away from me.