Eighteen: Rushed Thoughts

A/N: Follow my Instagram @/alexcwrites to get sneak peeks and know a more accurate date on when I'll publish a story. Or not, das up to you cuties.

I'm getting you ready for chapter twenty, it will be BIG! I will also share the playlist that chapter so keep the song recommendations coming!

Happy reading and stay safe, cuties!

  - • ∿ • -

Valentin Ramirez

 For the past minute, I have been stuck in a trance. It's one of those I don't want to get out of, ever. Even if I had the chance, I wouldn't.

 I am enthralled with Liesla, but specifically her laugh. Fück, that is everything, and for the past minute that's all I have been listening to.

 Her laugh is so carefree and full of life. My heart sings at the sound of it. It's a contagious, harmonious tune that sticks around after she's done. And if I'm being honest, I wouldn't mind listening to her laugh all day long.

 If it could mean keeping that beautiful glow Liesla has when she laughs, I wouldn't mind it one bit.

 "Your eyes are going to fall off if you keep looking at her." Nicholas interrupts my thoughts and I smack the back of his head.

 "That doesn't even make sense but," I turn to face her, watching as her lips curl upwards when her eyes glisten whenever Dayana comes back to her, "I don't think I would mind if they did. At least the last thing I would see is her full of happiness."

 This time, Nicholas smacks the back of my head then grabs my face to look at him.

 "What the fück is wrong with you?!" I whisper yell, shaking him off then pulling him deeper into the kitchen.

 He rolls his eyes as he shrugs, taking a swing of his beer afterwards. "You sounded too cheesy, just wanted to make sure you were alright."

 I ignore his comment, taking his empty bottle and mine to the trash then grabbing new ones. A pensive look paints his face as he opens the new bottle of beer. "You're falling in love with her, aren't you?"

 "I'm not in love, Nick." The words trickle out of my mouth almost slowly, my mind trying to process the meaning of them as I say them.

 My brother rolls his eyes,m and crosses his arms. "I'm not saying you're in love, I'm saying that you're falling in love with her. There's a clear difference between the two."

 I scoff. "And you would know about that how?"

 Nick's face falls flat. His lips pulled inside, creating a flat line on the outside. "I just do."

 Silence rises between the two of us, making us almost drown in the quietness that surrounds us. My brother break it as he places his beer down to then face me. "You still didn't answer my question, Val."

 I sigh, squishing my temples with my free hand. "I'm not sure, maybe I am. I haven't known her long enough to even begin thinking about that."

 "Love isn't planned, Valentin. It happens when it happens, whether you want it to or not."

 The silence that was once with us has now returned, rising higher than before. However, this time, I'm drowning in it, and I'm not even looking for a way out of it.

 Sometimes it's better to let silence win, so the mind can reflect on what's been said or done.

 Truth be told, the thought of love seems a little too soon. We are only exclusive to each other, not in an official relationship yet. Just dating, no labels attached. We are taking things slow because we have things going on in our lives, or even our pasts, that won't allow us to focus on just us. It's tedious and requires so much patience that bringing love into the mixture will only complicate things.