Seventeen: A Chance

A/N: Grab a snack and get your cute self comfortable because my friends... this is a LONG chapter! A lot to digest and think about.

I have started to make a playlist for Inked Desire and I might share it soon. If you know of any song that reminds you of ID or of my characters, please comment it. Huge thank you to @lifeegoessonn for suggesting one of the best songs ever. You're amazing.

Next chapter will be up next week. Much love!❤️

Now, without further ado, enjoy this chapter and happy reading!

- • ∿ • -

Liesla Montez

 Maybe this is a mistake?

 It's been a reoccurring thought lately, with just about every decision I have been making.

 Standing in front of the mirror, I observe myself. My hair is down in loose curls, my side bangs framing my face in an innocent way. I'm wearing a pair of white skinny jeans that hugs my every curve, along with a wine colored sweater with gold detailing on the collar and on the ends.

 My makeup is simple yet elegant, wearing a terracotta nude lip color and a winged liner that is accompanied by black mascara. I add a warm brown liner to my waterline, allowing for my hazel eyes to pop.

 To finish the my outfit off I grab my staple leather jacket and my favorite pair of gold heels that aren't too high. Looking at the finished look, I observe the woman reflected. She looks like me, yet I feel like something is off. I'm no longer broken but something is holding me back.

 From the corner of my eye, I see a small figure appear. A petite human being that resembles me so much. Her wide eyes are looking up at me with so much love and wonder. The blue in her eyes is dancing wildly with the dominant green, popping against her dark brown hair. Earlier she saw what I decided to wear and wanted to dress just like me, so I took out a white pair of leggings and wine colored dress that is adorned with small gold designs on the edges, along with a gold belt in the middle.

 However, as she is still learning how to accurately dress herself, right now that dress is on backwards while the belt is placed correctly as well as the leggings. A soft giggle escapes my lips as my baby girl run towards me with her golden flats in her small hands

 "Mami! Lo hago bien?" She asks with a glimmer in her eye.

 "Lo hice bien, no hago. That's the present tense, amor." I correct her and she nods her head, taking note but not quite piecing the information all at once. "Pero, you almost did it right. The only thing you put on correctly were your leggings, baby. Here, déjame ayudarte."

 I place my hands under her arms and move us to the bed. Once her body is seated between my thighs, I gently take the dress and belt off only to out back on her correctly. I reach out for the golden flats then slip them on Dayana, placing a tender kiss on the side of her head.

 She turns to face me then touches my face ever so lightly, resembling a feather like grace. Warm tingles trail around where her small fingers have been. The reaction is so minimal yet holds so much meaning for me, because to me, I can feel the love radiating off her. It's amazing how something so small, whether it be an action or person, can demonstrate and emit so much love.

 Its moments like these where my heart feels so full of life and warmth. I treasure these small moments so much because my heart has never felt that way until Dayana was born. Not even he could ever cause that kind of reaction on me. At first I thought he did, but back then I would confused everything for what I thought love was.