Fifteen: Where We Stand

A/N: Thank you so much for 50k+ reads! Every milestone is thanks to you all. Thank you for having patience on my awful updating skills and for sticking around to read my story. It's all means so much to me.

Each comment, read, and vote gives me life, a smile breaks out on my face seeing them. Especially the comments, it's fun talking to you all and hearing your opinions and thoughts.
I love it :)

Well, I hope you enjoy this chapter, happy reading!

- • ∿ • -

Liesla Montez

 "So, you mean to tell me that yours and Ram's lips were millimeters away, practically brushing against each other, and you two didn't kiss?"  Camille repeats for the second time, taking time to say each word.

 "Mhm," I mindlessly nod, taking a sip from the wine Camille poured me.

 My mind is occupied with the image of what happened that night of the Ferris wheel. From how we were so close to kissing each other to how Valentin teased me oh so deliciously with those seductive and dangerous lips of his. I was so tempted to just go in and taste those lips but, I couldn't. I was frozen on the spot, taken over by a spell that on he could have placed on me. He touched me with delicacy, treating me as the most delicate thing in the world. His eyes cherished and regarded every visible feature of mine as if it were the most stunning thing he has ever seen, taking time to memorize every detail of them. I felt vulnerable to his prying eyes, and for good minute, I allowed myself to be vulnerable for him. Because with him, I feel comfortable showing him more sides to me that I haven't shown others.

 It feels right.

 Camille starts to rummage through my kitchen cabinets, desperately looking for something. "Don't you have a pan around here?"

 "Yes, what for?"

 "I'm looking for one to see if I can whack you in the head since you're taking your sweet time to give into something you really want." I give her a sour look then drink the rest of the remaining wine. Feeling the bittersweet drink go down my throat gradually.

 I narrow my eyes at her and point a finger at her. "Don't come to me with that. You told me that I should take it slow and get to know him, of which I am."

 "Yeah, I know. I just think that kiss should have happened. The chemistry between you two is uncanny. Anyone can see that. Shït, even through a picture," she trails off, her eyes closing shut as she brings a hand to her forehead, "because, I mean, that's how it seems. Of course."

 I watch her curiously as her eyebrows furrow and her lips form a slight pout. Camille looks back at me, her expression seeming to be half in deep thought while the other half is conflicted between two decisions. She used to do this face often when I was with him, yet she never gave in and told me what was on her mind. And right now, that won't cut it, I need to know.

 "What's going on Camille? If you need to say something, spit it out."

 "I can't." She groans, her head hiding and resting on her left hand. "Ugh, you need to talk to Ram. It isn't my place to tell. Sorry, Esla."

 I feel my blood start to boil, my cheeks are heating up, turning a shade of red. Two emotions cloud my mind: frustration and confusion. I shouldn't feel this way, but I do, I can't help it. The feeling of being in the dark about something truly frustrates me. Yet then again, I also secrets I'm hiding from it. I should be more understanding, but I just need to know if this secrets that Camille won't tell me is bad. Will it effect Dayana?