_.|1|._

A/N: a/the song that goes with the chapter will always be above. Play it whenever you want!

to my seventh grade l.a. teacher , thank you for inspiring me and helping through the year. this story is for you.

Josh's POV:

"W-what?!" Alona said, I nodded, starting to cry. She didn't know why. And she probably won't for a long time.

"I don't want to go!" She said, starting to sob in arms. She crashed up against me. I clutched onto her, she did the same for me. Neither of us wanted for her to leave. But she had too.

I couldn't afford to take care of her anymore.

The last six months had the best in my life. I needed to foster Alona, her parents were abusing her and I got them into jail- thankfully.

But now, I couldn't afford for her to live with me anymore. I know it's crazy to be a parent to a 5 year old at 20 years old but... I wanted to keep her. But I can't. And I can't forgive myself for letting her go.

"I don't want you to leave either. But you have to ok? You're going to a safer place. It'll be better there." I said. She could tell over the past couple weeks money had been rough for me. But she never wanted to go.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"I promise. It will be fun. Maybe you'll get a brother or sister!" I said.

"Ok Joshie. I trust you." She said. I smiled, tears on my cheeks.

"Don't forget about me please Josh?" She asked. I felt her pull out of the hug. I grabbed her shoulders.

"I won't forget about you for the world buttercup. Don't forget me too okay? I love you." I said, pulling her into another hug and softly kissing her mud-brown hair.

"I won't Joshie. I love you too. I'll miss you." She said, pulling on her small backpack, and holding her the stuffed elephant I got her. I hugged her one last time with one more kiss.

"I'll miss you too buttercup." I said. She went off into the hallway with her social worker. I haven't seen her since. Leaving me to cry in my apartment- regretting what I had done. But I had too. I didn't want too.

But I had too.