_.|5|._

a/n: josh looks pregnant in this pic it's so cute idk i'm weird asf

alona's pov:

the next morning i woke up sore, i moaned and my voice immediately cracked. not talking makes a lot of those happen especially when your voice is deepening. it's green on red, not right.

"alona is that you?" jessie asked from my left. i nodded, she smiled and came over.

"how's do you feel?" she asked. i shrugged my shoulders. black and blue again. like always.

"i heard you, you know." she smirked. i rolled my eyes.

"but it was just a moan-crack. your voice must do that a lot." she said. i grabbed my phone and texted her what the time was.

"5:43 in the morning. you made it. the sun is about to rise." she said, i smiled. i texted her again.

Me: can i tell you a secret?

"of course!" she said. i went back to typing.

Me: I'm not straight you know.

her eyes bulged, like one of those toys when you put it water it grows. highlighter yellow. happy though, that's why the yellow.

"than what are you?" she asked. curious, but wth a huge grin on her face.

Me: i think it's called pans something. i base it in personality, but i'm also asexual.

"yes. it's called pans- or pansexual. i'm bisexual myself actually. don't tell anyone that though." she said, winking. i smiled.

"c'mon, let's get dressed." she said. i went and did my routine three hours early.

-•-

we were just listening to music, dancing around. Lindsey was literally all purple. it wasn't normal.

but, there was a knock at the door. the music stopped, time even stopped, but Astrid opened the door, revealing my social worker, ann. with a grin on her face. oh no. things are getting more navy.

"girls, i'm sorry stop the fun but alona, a man wants to foster you. pack your bags and come downstairs please." she said. everyone stared at me. the door shut and i burst into sobs.

but something in my gut was screaming at me.

something, pink. no. really? hope? when was the last time i had hope?

the last time i saw josh. that's when.

jessie held onto me, never letting go. Lindsey and Astrid packed my stuff into my backpack.

"before she leaves let her listen to at least one twenty one pilots song." Lindsey said. jessie rolled her eyes.

"fine. not deep. nothing deep. she is t ready for that yet. do tear in my heart." she said. Astrid nodded, Lindsey rolled her eyes and put it on. it was very upbeat, but i understand why they love them so much.

it wasn't normal.

it's purple and blue, but black and red is all over it. blurry, and lost. but in the perfect place. it's like fire and air, combustible, with water being the energy source. breaking odds. it was made for love. but i could tell this wasn't what they usually did. it felt too easy for what they were capable of.

but the drums sounded fimiliar, i couldn't put my finger on it though.

"how was that?" jessie asked. i smiled. we all hugged together one last time, and i made my way down the stairs.

something kept telling me, the pink was making my navy more blue. making it less worse. better. why is he pink here? and why is it screaming to me highlighter yellow?

oh, that why.

there were two guys who looked in their 20's at the front desk, ann came too me. i immediately looked down so i didn't have to look at my new father who is probably going to hurt me in some way.

but the pink was telling me no.

why the hell no?

"Just sign the papers where you need too. they changed it to three times." she said. my jaw dropped. the desk woman nodded.

"i know, it's not nessessary but you have to." she said. i nodded, reading what i had to sign to. i didn't agree to some of it because it was partly illegal agreements (with my luck it would be) but i had to sign no matter what.

i finally stopped the third signature and shoved my hands into my pockets. i looked up at the bright haired man who was presumably going to be my new father.

why is everything so pink? and now purple and orange are coming? no no wait. green and blue. never mind.

when u looked up he turned from his friend (or boyfriend. i support both) and looked down at me. once i put his features together i finally realized who it was. i grabbed onto him. like i've been waiting for 8 years.

"josh" was all i said, faintly. no one heard it. no one but josh.

"hey. it's ok. look. i never left. shhh it's fine." he cooed. i cried into his chest harder. he grabbed onto me harder. last time i checked he was so tall. but now i'm almost his height.

i'm going home.