_.|4|._

A/N: as I'm writing this no one has read the last chapter. So let's have a little fun- considering I made it onto the first searches for "adopted by josh dun"

Alona's POV:

The speaker did its job, as they sat me down on my bunk, as a pastel pink and purple halloween started to play. But, it strangely went together. Like lemons and strawberries. Something so sweet with something the total opposite. A ukulele with drums perhaps.

The song was instantly relatable. The girl singing sounded like a person my age, innocent. But not singing anything pretty. Metaphors dropping at where they were placed. But I think that for my whole life I've lived in this dollhouse. We all did.

It's just how the foster system works.

After the song finished all three of them looked at me, I smiled. Nodding my head.

"give her a gift card." Astrid said. I looked over as up went over the bottom bunk across from me and grabbed a $15 gift card out of a box filled with gift cards under her bed. She gave me it. It was purple and aqua. In a maze. So I guess the iTunes store is a maze? In a metaphorical sence I guess.

"Here, let me put it into your phone." She said. I nodded, as mw taught me how to put in the gift card, it was fairly simple. Like a beige, or a summer white. Ivory. Definitely, ivory.

"Can we just listen to crybaby full? She's going to do it anyway." Lindsey wined. Jessie laughed and Astrid nodded.

"Sure. Let's see if she likes it." she said, a song called crybaby came on.

It was the best album I'd listened too.

It was the only album I'd listened too.

"How'd you like it?"Jessie asked, out of breath for screaming the last song. I smiled and gave her a small thumbs up.

"Want to buy it?" She asked. I nodded. She came over and again taught me how to buy stuff. Again. It was ivory. But I'm happy it is ivory.

- • -

The last few weeks have been more pink and purple than ever. Considering Jessie and Astrid forcing me to learn Crybaby. I know all the words. It's like a soft cloud, but if you go in too deep there are spikes waiting for your untimely death.

Tonight I had another nightmare. I've been having them lately. Their all black and red. But it hurts. A lot. It's giving me maroon flashbacks of three months ago, and then when I was younger. Jessie is the one who helps me. She is the lightest sleeper.

"Shh. It's ok. Alona. Please text me what happened." she said. I nodded, wiping the tears away. It took a while for me to write the text, considering I needed to use "regular words" but once she read it. She was on the brink of tears.

"Oh my god. Y-you were r-raped?" she asked. I nodded as silent sobs came to me. Everything was black and blue again.

"F-f-four times?" she asked. I nodded in her arms. She held onto me tighter.

"Alona..." she started. But couldn't bare it. I cried harder. Holding onto her.

After the first tjme, I knew I lost Something good. I knew it was bad. It felt bad too. It hurt. A lot. The most physical pain I've ever had. But nothing like mental pain. Mental pain is torture. But you can't understand it. It's blurry. That's why it's red and black. And will forever be- red and black.

After that first time. I've always seen myself as a skeleton. I don't feel human. I've never felt clean since I was 7. I feel dirty. Brown orange. Highest f sharp on a piano.

I'm off they say, because I don't talk. Is it weird that I laugh because their all the same?

I know someone who wasn't the same.

Josh was never the same.

And I hope he still isn't.