Part 47

"Sir... I wonder... if I could..."

Terry stutters. He recklessly turns away from Newt's gaze and instead fixing his sight on the floor. He tries to mutter his words again but is abruptly interrupted by Casey.

"He wonders whether he could take a look at your case sir..."

Casey said while slightly shaking her head. Her mouth quirks into a soft smile when she sees how embarassed Terry is at the moment. She knows that Terry had admired Newt and his remarkable journey in New York but she never thought the boy could be this shy. So when Terry simply nods while still unable to mutters any reasonable replies, Casey continues.

"He's been talking about your adventure quite a lot sir. He wanted to be a magizoologist just like you."

Terry quickly cast a deathly glare at Casey for being so blunt. He wonders at the moment where have the quiet and awkward Casey he met few months back had gone too.

Casey shrugs innocently.

"Well of course!"

Newt answered excitedly before rushing towards his bedroom to retrieve his case while grinning widely. He is indeed very fond of his magical creatures so when he sees anyone having the same interest, it feels as if his heart could have exploded at the moment.

Terry quickly slaps Casey's arm before realizing his mistake when Casey yelps in pain. He quickly cast a healing charm on it before retrieving his shy and innocent look when Newt comes back with his big brown case.

*****************************

"Why don't you join them?"

Credence asked referring to both Newt and Terry which are now literally inside Newt's magical case, trying to feed the erumpent.

Casey simply smiles. Her gaze is still towards the lake in front of Newt's house. Both her and Credence is now sitting on the ground while leaning against the big oak tree.

'I don't feel like it... I want to stay here with you..."

Credence's heart skips a beat at Casey's word. He could feel his face starting to feel hot. A fade pink starts to emerge on his pale cheek. He smiles awkwardly, drowning in the warm feeling of being loved by someone, drowning in the genuine emotion he never felt before, not even with Graves. At the time, he completely forgets that Casey could read his heart.

However Casey at the moment is quite busy with her own emotion. She bits her lower lips unknowingly. The feeling of spending some quiet time with Credence is quite unbearable now as her heart cannot stop thumping hard against her chest. But like any other infatuation, no matter how hard it is to stay calm in the presence of your loved ones, it is harder to stay away from them.

"Casey... Are you... Sure... About this whole thing..."

Credence asks hesitantly. The sudden question manages to force Casey to shift her gaze towards him.

Casey blinks twice, trying to register what Credence is saying. Deep inside Credence's heart, Casey could hear Credence asking more questions.

'Are you sure you're not going to regret our relationship?'

'Are you sure you're going to be fine having me as your lover?'

'Are you sure you can stand defying your family for me?'

Casey swallows a lump in her throat before sighs a little. She knows that now, there is no turning back. There is no way she could give up her future with the only boy she ever fall in love with.

"Do you?"

Casey asks back, wanting the boy to be honest about 'this whole thing' first.

Because Casey knows her heart. She knows that no matter how hard 'this whole thing' is going to be, she's going to be ready. She's going to face it like how she is taught to be a strong and tough lady.

The question now is whether Credence could handle it.

Can the vulnerable boy finally admits his feelings and be ready to face whatever challenges in the future?

Credence quickly nods confidently. Quite abruptly to be honest, as if he's been waiting for Casey to ask him the same question. As if he wanted Casey to know now that he is ready.

If you ask Credence, then this would be the side effect of 'man-to-man talk' he had with Terry earlier. Somehow Terry manages to boost Credence's confidence and that now he is ready to prove himself, he wanted Casey to know that he's going to be ready for their relationship.

Credence quick action somehow startles Casey. She had expected Credence to be quite hesitant about his feeling, as it is a rather scary thing after all. But when she sees how confident Credence is about the matter, she can't help but to feel rest assured.

Casey quirks a smile, a heavenly smile that melted Credence's heart.

"Then yes I'm sure..."

And so they stay like that for quite some time, welcoming the comfortable yet exhilarating silence, enjoying the light breeze caressing their cheeks.