Part 44

Terry is currently lying down on his bed while nervously scratching the back of his head. Casey's words keeps on coming to his mind.

"He's an obscurus Tarius..."

According to Casey, Credence had to surpresses his own magic because of his family, causing him to unfortunately develop this dark and dangerous power and becomes an obscurus.

However, Terry wasn't quite sure about what is an obscurus at the first place. So as soon as Casey apparated him back to  Hogwarts, he quickly went to the library to search for it.

Based on Terry's reading, he starts to understand that an obscurus was the manifestation of the repressed energy of a magical child (known as an Obscurial). Obscurus is described as a "dark" and "parasitic" force, an Obscurus was created when the child in question was forced to repress their talent through physical or psychological abuse. This energy could manifest itself as a separate entity that can erupt in violent, destructive fury.

The Obscurus could be largely invisible or appear as a flying incorporeal, and amorphous entity with the appearance of a black, fluid-like cloud, or a violent torrent of darkness, sometimes with a reddish core. Some described it as a "dark wind" or "dark mass" with "shining white eyes". Its appearance could be oleaginous, or "rich in, covered with, or producing oil, or oily or greasy". There have also been instances when a face briefly emerges from the shadowy entity, or a white glowing image of the host appears inside of it.

Now everything starts to click.

That explains the black smoke Terry saw emerges from Credence's hand when he saw Casey with Terry. Terry sighs deeply. Now he fully understand why Casey could never leave Credence's side. That would not only cause danger to Credence but to Casey as well.

However, Terry can't help but to notice that there is a far better reason for Casey not to leave Credence's side rather than because of her fear.

Although Terry hates to admit it, he knows that the reason is none other that Casey's feelings for Credence.

Casey loves Credence.

She admitted it before.

Somehow Terry had hope that Casey would give up and follow her parents' request for them to be together but after seeing Casey during the ball, Terry knows that that isn't possible.

Casey would never choose him over Credence.

*****************************

"I want to meet Credence..."

Casey recklessly choke on her pumpkin juice when she heard what Terry had said during breakfast the next day. Terry quickly hands her a napkin before taking a seat opposite her.

"What are you saying Tarius?"

"You heard me. I want to see him."

Terry replied confidently. Casey could easily senses his determination. She swallows hard before forcefully replying Terry's gaze.

"Why?"

"Simply because I want to..."

Casey tries to penetrate Terry's mind at the particular moment, to find any ulterior motives or hidden intention,  but she could only sense sincerity and honesty.

Casey takes a deep breath before slowly nods. Surely no harm could be done to such meeting. Well she hopes so. Terry quickly smiles before shoving a treacle tart into his mouth.