Part 58

"He belongs to the MACUSA..."

"There's no need for that, he is now under full responsibility of MOM. There's no need to take him away..."

Credence could vaguely hear the conversation outside his cell.

He wanted to stand, he wanted to slam on the door, forcing them to let him out or at least let him know the reason why he has been taken.

He wanted to see the sun and breath on fresh air so that he could feel alive again.

But most importantly, he wanted to see Casey, to see if she's alright and if everything's fine.

He wanted to be reminded that this is nothing but a mere nightmare.

Yet there's nothing he could do in the dreadfull darkness. And the coldness that bites wouldn't stop reminding him that this is pathetically a reality.

Credence unknowingly shuts his eyes, letting himself drowning in the melancholy, silently praying for a ray of light to save him from sinking even deeper.

*****

"I don't understand, what else do you want from me? I've been disown..."

"Do you think it's that easy to remove yourself?"

Sirius hissed before grabbing Casey's chin, forcing her to look at him.

Casey screams loudly from the unexpected touch.

"Whether you like it or not, you're still part of the family. Although it's bloody humiliating to keep you around, I have no other choice but to do so. If it wasn't because of the deal I made with Potter, then never in a million years would I take you back you disgraceful brat!"

Sirius Black sneered with disgust. His long black hair falls neatly to his shoulder.

"Please father... Just let me go..."

"Never!"

*****

It has been a week since Casey was forced to separate from Credence. She wanted to go, fly away from this whole madness but there's nothing she could do. She is trapped inside her own house with no one by her side.

It was a misunderstanding.

She thought that the last time she fainted was the day she is free from her family. Instead it was the day when the whole process was annulled. As the last stage didn't happen fully, she is still considered as part of the family. However, according to his father, she may no longer reap any benefits from the name.

As if she had before.

*****

"I heard from my father that he will receive the Kiss next week..."

Tarius stated with much difficulty. Though he tried his hardest to control his emotion, he knows best that Casey could see it through him.

It was awful.

Tarius felt immense guilt for what had happened especially when he was the center of this problem.

If only he didn't send the letter.

If only he'd been more careful.

Yet Casey could not reply anything. Only her tears stream out like there's no way she could stop crying.

And that eventually answers everything.

*****

"Father please... I'll do anything as long as he is safe... Please father... Let him be saved..."

Casey pleaded with her whole heart. It was her only chance to ensure that nothing bad would happpen to Credence.

Now even if the only option she had is to marry Tarius, then she is willing to marry him and stay with him for the rest of her life as long as she knows that Credence is safe.

For that is the only thing matters.

Yet the answer she received breaks her heart even more.

"You will marry Tarius. That is final. For the boy, there's nothing you could do. The ministry has spoken. The kiss would be his finale..."