Part 52

Graduation is coming up in another week. And for three weeks, Casey didn't have the chance to meet up with Credence as she is preoccupied with N.E.W.T.S.

Yet most of the time, Casey can't help but to think about her future. She did envision it sometimes. Looking towards her own future for the mere sake of reassurance.

However, each and everytime she tried to envision her own life, a tiny line of vision seems to slip from her grasp. As if the universe is trying to conceal a secret from her.

It is 2 in the morning. Casey is alone on her own bed, feeling rather restless as she thinks about what is going to happen to both her and Credence. Instead of trying to sleep, Casey does the opposite. She sits up with a startle and tried to close her eyes.

Casey and Credence intertwine their fingers as they roam around the street of unfamiliar surrounding.

Credence held his head high, now feeling confidence and nevertheless, drowning in the true sense of love and happiness.

Casey can't help but to smile at Credence. Their face flush at the soft breeze caressing their cheeks.

The warm sunlight hugs them tightly on that lovely afternoon. The bright sunlight almost blinded their vision. Casey gasps as she realizes she loses her sight to the beautiful light.

Everything turns into white.

Casey takes a deep breath. She knows something is not right. She has seen this vision all the time but she knows something is going to happen. She shuts her eyes even tighter, trying hard to refocus.

White. Everything is still white. A blindingly beautiful lights seems to penetrate Casey's mind, making her unable to move or speak. She tries hard to release herself from the invisible grasp but nothing happen.

Casey pants heavily on her own bed. Something is tampering her vision.  She gulps nervously. Indeed there is no good in trying to mess with time and future.

******************************

"So when is it?"

Terry asked rather nervously. He plays with the hem of his own shirt, trying to avoid Casey's gaze.

"I can't tell you that Tarius..."

"Why?"

Terry replied rather forcefully. He runs his hand trough his jett black hair, trying to stay calm.

"You know why I can't."

"You don't trust me?"

Terry tried again. His tone dropped into a whisper, portraying the hurt he feels right now.

Casey sighs slowly. She shuts her eyes tight, trying to gather some peace of mind before turning back to look at Terry right at the eyes.

"Of course I trust you Tarius... I just can't afford to take the chance..."

"Are you afraid that I'm going to tell others? Your family perhaps? Because if that is your concern..."

"I know you won't Tarius. I trust you..."

Casey replies truthfully. Again she sighs before swallows hard. She needs to let Terry know that this isn't going to happen. There is no way she's going to tell Terry about her plan of escaping with Credence.

"This is hard for me Tarius... To leave everything, my own family, you... I just can't..."

"But Casey..."

Casey quickly shakes her head, refuses to argue even more. A flash of hurt portrayed on Terry's face but Casey guiltily ignores it.

"If I tell you, if you happen to know when it's going to happen, you might... And I might..."

Casey bits her lower lips. She takes a deep breath before continues.

"You might stop me... And I might... I might let that happen..."

Terry gulps before shaking his head nervously. He feels a tad bit confuse right now.

"So... you're afraid that you might reconsider your option? You scared that you might choose to stay?"

Terry said silently. His confusion can be easily read by Casey. Casey hesitantly looks away, towards the Black Lake right in front of them. She swallows a lump in her throat before nods reluctantly.

"This is hard for me Tarius. I can't afford to let anything interrupts my mind anymore. I need to do this. For me. For Credence... I wasn't suppose to feel this way after what I've choose to do... Yet I still..."

"There's nothing wrong in feeling afraid Casey..."

Terry managed to say with a force in his tone. He now understands perfectly Casey's dilema. He sighs softly before continues.

"I think anyone in your place would feel the same way, torn between two paths. It's not an easy decision after all, to leave everything you happen to know in your life... For someone you craves..."

"Yet, it seems like the most right thing to do."

Casey said without much thinking. That words simply slips out of her mouth, portraying her feeling about the whole situation.

"Yes... Yes it does..."

Terry agreed with a sad smile. He can't help but to feel a throbbing pain in his chest, a slight hollow feeling inside his heart. He sighs heavily before shutting his eyes for a moment.

Yet it seems like the most right thing to do - to let someone you love run away with the man of her choice - as long as she is happy.

As long as she is happy.

A soft hand touches his shoulder, causing him to force open his eyes. Casey is gazing into his eyes with a sad smile. Guilty is portrayed all over her face.

Terry quickly shakes his head, implying that it is fine. He takes a slow deep breath, letting his feeling swarms out of his heart. He can't afford to have Casey deals with his emotion right now. This isn't about him. This is about Casey and her happiness.

He presses his lips into thin line before shifting his position, now facing Casey, implying the seriousness in his next words.

"It's alright Casey... I'll be fine... It may take some time but I'll be fine... And I'm not going to talk about it anymore... But you have to promise me one thing..."

Terry swallows hard. He wonders whether Casey would still do this after they have apart. He nervously trying to mutter his next words but Casey knowingly interrupts him.

"I'll write to you Tarius... I promise..."