Chapter Seven

Chapter 7

Sherlock's POV

I sat in my cell room, but I was really in my mind palace. I usually spent the whole week in there, not knowing it was Friday until Mycroft and Lestrade showed up to get me. I had a room for John. I suppose people would consider it a shrine. Pictures and memories were around the walls, and I had a statue of John made, and he looked so life like. I guess it sounds a bit strange to outsiders, but being without him was torturous to me. I couldn't bear it.  I loved him with all my heart, and being away from him for even a second was excruciating. Prison was fine. It was just like Baskerville, except at Baskerville I had John. I wanted him so badly. I needed to get out of prison, but I had to work out a foolproof plan in order to do so. 

There was a sudden commotion from outside my cell, and I quickly got up, and peered through the metal bars. I had a private cell with only one guard, so any sort of commotion was unusual. The guard was on the ground, slumped against the wall. There was blood pouring from his head, and I knew he had a fractured skull. There was someone standing over him, and I knew by the posture who it was before he turned to face me. 

"Did you miss me?" Came his soft Irish voice as he turned to face me, a devilish smirk playing at his lips. 

I felt my emotionless mask slip a bit, but I regained it and continued to stare at him. Moriarty walked over to me and unlocked the door of my cell. I went to walk out, but instead he pushed me back in and pressed me against the wall. Curious to see what he was going to do, I didn't resist him. 

Moriarty's face came close to mine, and I felt his warm breath tickle my face. "I said did you miss me?" Before I had a chance to respond, Moriarty pressed his lips against mine. His lips were cold, but the kiss was nice. Wait, what was I thinking? I shoved him away and quickly wiped my mouth with the sleeve of my shirt. "What the hell?"

"Oh, come on, Sherly. You know you enjoyed it."

"Actually, no, I didn't. Why are you here?"

"You won't even ask me how I'm here?"

"I actually don't care. You're alive, and therefore I don't need to be here so if you'll excuse me, I'd like to leave."

Moriarty groaned. "You're no fun!"

"Sure I am. Only you're not special enough to witness my fun side." I winked as I stepped past Moriarty, and walked away, stepping over the deceased guard as I did so. Mycroft was coming in to visit me as I came out, and I grabbed his arm. "No time to explain, call your men in, the game is on."

Mycroft got right onto it, and when we got back to his house, a dozen men in official suits were waiting for us, and John was there too. I picked John up in my arms and twirled him around before setting him back on the ground, giving him a passionate kiss on the lips. I realized people were waiting for me to explain, so I pulled away from John, and turned to the others. 

"Moriarty is alive. He killed the guard and unlocked the door to get me out. He's up to something, I don't know what, but I sure as hell will find out."

Mycroft waved his hand, and half of the men left, obviously going to the prison to sort out privacy issues and the dead guard. The other men hung around, wanting me to provide them with more details. I told them all I knew, all I noticed, and after an hour of two of Mycroft's phone calls, it was confirmed that I would be able to go back to Baskerville that same night with John. I would be back in 221b, and John's roommate would be going into another room. John seemed a bit upset about that, but he shrugged it off easily enough. 

Hand in hand, John and I went back to 221b Baker at Baskerville Boarding School, and we flopped down on his bed. I sighed and looked at John, and he grinned at me and I grinned back. "It's good to be back."