Chapter Twenty One

Chapter 21

Sherlock's POV

John and I were called to Mycroft's office half way through our lesson. Together we walked to his office. "John, Love," I chuckled softly, "Stop shaking. All will be fine."

"We ruined his top secret government plans, Sherlock," John said loudly before calming down, "I think i have a right to shake."

I placed my hand on the small of his back as I led him through Anthea's office on our way through to Mycroft's office. I stopped and looked at Anthea, moving my hand from John's waist. "Hello, Anthea," I said in my most charming voice. "Your breast implant is too noticeable. Perhaps its that uncomfortable new bra you're wearing. My brother is gay and uninterested, so save yourself the trouble." I winked at her and then led John into Mycroft's office. 

Mycroft sat at his desk, and he looked up as we came in, an angry look on his face. I sucked in my breath and made a face in attempt to calm John down, but it didn't help. John took me seriously, thinking I was actually concerned. I shut the door behind us, and sat down opposite Mycroft, pulling John onto my knee. I wrapped my arms around his waist so he couldn't move away, and held him close to my chest. 

Mycroft sighed as he watched us. "Do you have any idea what you two have done, including that Thomas boy?"

"Yes. We helped you get Charlie away from Moriarty," I commented, my voice muffled by John's back. 

"No!" Mycroft shouted, before clearing his throat and composing himself. "You ruined our plans. Top secret government plans, Sherlock, clearly you noticed."

"I did and I also noticed Charlie was days away from death. Also, your man knocked my John out."

"He was not-" Mycroft's voice trailed off and he sighed, running his hands through his hair. "Look, I know you had his best intentions at heart but you have cost the government a lot of money and time and I-"

"I don't care, Mycroft," I cut him off. "We saved a boy so stop being so ignorant and for God's sake, get off my back!" I shouted at him. I removed my arms from John's waist and he got off of me, and I stormed out of the room.

"Oh shut up, Anthea," I sneered at the receptionist as she smirked when I went past. 

I heard John run up behind me, but I kept on walking, allowing my anger to take over me. I quickly walked outside with long strides, walking across the field, disrupting a physical education lesson. I made my way for the forest, and I could hear John was still behind me, apologising to everyone. Once I got into the forest, out of the view of all the other students, I slumped down on the ground, resting my back against a tree. Two strong arms wrapped themselves around my shoulders, and I buried my head into the crook of John's neck as he just held me, stroking my curls. I breathed in John's scent and allowed myself to calm down. 

"He just infuriates me so much, John," I whined into John's neck.

"I know, Love," John whispered, "I know. I love you."

"I love you too, John." 

We shifted so we were laying down next to each other. John rested his head on my chest, and I wrapped my arm around him, as we looked up at the treetops, listening to the birds around us. "I could stay out here all night," I mumbled.

"So could I," John agreed, snuggling in closer. 

We stayed out there well into the night, looking up through a small clearing at the hundreds of stars that lit up the sky.  "Look at the stars," I said. 

"Look how they shine for you," John whispered. 

"What?"

"You know, the Coldplay song, Yellow? That's how it goes."

"I don't know that one, sing it for me."

"Sherlock, I am not singing for you."

"Go on, please?"

"I place a wager in that you know the song, you're just getting me to sing it for you."

I shrugged. "No, I don't know the song. Sing it for me."

"Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah, they were all yellow

"I came along
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called 'Yellow'

"So then I took my turn
Oh what a thing to've done
And it was all yellow

"Your skin, oh yeah, your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know? You know I love you so
You know I love you so

"I swam across
I jumped across for you
Oh what a thing to do
'Cause you were all yellow

"I drew a line
I drew a line for you
Oh what a thing to do
And it was all yellow

"Your skin, oh yeah, your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know? For you I'd bleed myself dry
For you I'd bleed myself dry

"It's true
Look how they shine for you

"Look how they shine for you
Look how they shine for you
Look how they shine

"Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And all the things that you do"

"John," I said once he finished singing. 

"Yeah?"

"Two things. One, you sounded beautiful, so don't be embarrassed; if I didn't like your singing I wouldn't have said I did, and two, I know the song. I just wanted you to sing it for me."

"You're a prick. I hate you."

"You're amazing. I love you," I replied, chuckling and kissing John on the top of his head. 

"I can't believe you tricked me into singing to you, you cheeky sod."

"Punish me if you've got an issue."

John moved so he sat on top of me, looking down at me. He took my hands in his and smirked. He leaned down and kissed me quickly, biting on my bottom lip gently slightly. I let go of his hands and moved my hands to the back of his head, gently pulling him closer. John smirked, and swiped his tongue across my bottom lip. I groaned and opened my mouth, arching my back, my crotch pressing against John's arse. He grinned against my lips, and suddenly he got up and walked away from me. 

"John?" I called out, stumbling to my feet, a little shaky since John made me weak. "John! Where are you going?!"

I raced up to him and grabbed him. He turned to me and smirked. "You've been punished," he whispered in my ear before slapping my arse, continuing  to walk back to our dorm room.

I sighed and looked up at the sky, wondering why God punished me so, before following John back.