25. Breakfast at Amory's

The first rays of sunlight warm my skin, slowly awakening me from my sleep. I blink once, twice, and feel the arm wrapped around my waist, the warm body pressed against my back. I smile and keep lying there for a moment, silently enjoying the feeling of Max sleeping next to me.

I quietly wring myself out of his embrace, careful not to wake him. I tiptoe over to my closet and quickly grab a fresh set of underwear. My hands slide over a silk black babydoll and a smile creeps up on my face. I glance over my shoulder to the boy sleeping in my bed and decide that he more than deserves it. I take a quick shower and tie my hair up in a messy bun.

I turn around in front of my mirror, the silk fabric of the babydoll stopping just below my butt and hugging my every figure. I turn my back to the mirror and scan the showing skin for bruises. Nothing to be seen there. Yet. I stretch my back and grunt softly. The muscles ache and the skin stings. I shake my head and focus on picking an outfit. Fashion always saves me from thinking and feeling too much.

I scan my closet for an easy fitting dress and hold up an olive green one. My skin is just sunkissed enough to pull it off. I rummage through one of the drawers for stockings and find some black lace hold ups. I take it all back to my dressing table and raise my foot up on the white chair. Careful not to tear them I pull one of the stockings over my knee and high up my thighs, the lace finish sitting firmly on my skin. My fingers slide over the fabric and I smile. I almost forgot how good it felt to wear quality hold ups.

"Can you do that again?" Max' low and hoarse voice echoes through my room and my heart skips a beat. I look over to him and smile, my skin glowing and my cheeks feeling rosy. He stares back at me with a sly smirk on his face. He's sitting upright against the headboard, one hand behind his head.

Without saying a word I lower my foot from the chair and raise the other. I put the stocking on, slowly and secure, knowing that he is watching my every move.

"Get over here," he says, and I oblige. I sit down on the bed and cross my legs. He pushes himself of the headboard and towards me, embracing me from behind. He leans on one hand and kisses my shoulder, letting his other hand roam the smooth fabric of the silk lingerie. He runs his fingers over the thin straps and the lacy finish of the neckline, down to my waist and my legs. He stops at the lace hold ups and kisses my neck.

I turn my head to his and smirk. He slowly shakes his head and sighs. "You look gorgeous," he whispers. I bite the inside of my cheek and smile. He kisses my neck again, tracing every inch with his lips. I throw my head back and enjoy the tingling sensation. He smirks and slowly makes his way to my lips. I stop him before he can kiss me and lean back.

"Later," I say softly, "you need a shower first."

He chuckles and kisses my neck again. "Okay," he says, "if you say so."

"There's towels in the bathroom, and in the left cabinet you can find a new toothbrush. I'll get you a clean shirt."

He smiles and plants a soft kiss on my cheek. "Thank you."

He throws the cover off him and jumps off the bed in just his boxers. "See you downstairs?" I ask. Max smirks and leans forward. He lowers his lips onto mine and kisses them softly. "Yeah," he breathes, slowly letting go of my lips again.

I watch him walk out and roll my tongue over my lips. They tingle from his touch. A deep sigh escapes my mouth and I jump to my feet again. I take the olive dress and hold it up in front of me. It's been awhile since I've worn such a light color. I pull it over my head and close the golden buttons that run up the front. The dress is trimmed with lace accents and pintuck detailing, the pleated skirt stopping just above the knee. I swirl around and smile. I like it.