Chapter 9

My father has been acting very weird

My father has been acting very weird. He's been sneaking off places and not telling me where he's been going. I decided to do something about it. I see him leaving and I decide to follow him. I hop on to one of the palace horses and stay a little ways behind him.

A little while later I notice that we seem awfully close to the village. Maurice stops next to the edge of the woods. I go down a few feet so he doesn't see me and look out of the edge of the forest. I see - my eyes widen with shock - it's Gaston! I thought he was dead! Then there's also someone else a women I've never seen before. Her and Gaston are riding horses together and smiling, laughing. I smile a little glad Gaston could find someone that truly makes him happy, but then I'm also confused. Why would my dad care about this?

Before I head back to the horse I look over at my dad through the branches and see hate in his eyes. Something I thought I'd never see. I quickly get on the horse and ride home.

I go to the library and start reading Romeo & Juliet. A few minutes later my father walks in.

"Where have you been?" I ask seeing if he would be honest with me.

"I just had a walk on the grounds."

"Did that walk include stalking Gaston?" I say infuriated that my own father would lie to me.

"I-"

"How long have you known he was alive!?"

"For a few weeks now," he says, "When I went to the village to see how things were I saw him walking around."

"So what? Now your stalking him?"

"I just can't stand seeing him happy after what he did!" he says.

"That may be but you should forgive him everyone, even Gaston, deserves happiness." I say, "Promise me that you won't go watching him again."

"I promise," he says.

Outside POV

Little did Belle know that Maurice already had a plan set in place for Gaston's down fall.

🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹

Thank you Regina-Herondale for helping with this idea.