Chapter 8

I wake up with Gaston sleeping peacefully next to me

  I wake up with Gaston sleeping peacefully next to me. I look at him and he looks younger and free of everything. A few minutes later Gaston opens his eyes and smiles this wonderful, amazing smile. Which intern makes me smile. I walk over to the other side of the room and grab some clothes to change into. I look up and see Gaston still looking at me.

"Turn around so I can change," I say

"Fine," he say as he turns on his other side so he is looking at the wall.

  I quickly change clothes and then say, "Okay you can turn around now."

"Finally!" He says as flops around to the other side of the bed dramatically.

"I didn't take that long!" I say rolling my eyes.

"Oh yeah sure," he says sarcastically.

I flop on the bed on the bed next to him. "So what are we going to do today?"

He crawls up right next to me and gets a few inches from my face. "We could just lay around all day," he says as he leans down to start kissing me. I push him away lightly, blushing with a small smile. "Or you could teach me how to shoot a bow."

"Really?" he asks.

"Yes, so someday I can be as good as you."

"That's hilarious," he says laughing, "but I'll teach you."

He gets up from the bed and I get up with him. We walk out of my room and head towards the other side of town. We stop in front of a small house on the edge of town.

"Where are we?" I ask as we walk up to the front door.

"It's my house," Gaston says.

"Oh I always assumed you just lived at the tavern," I say with a giggle.

He glares at me a little. "As I do spend lots of time at the tavern I do have a place of my own," he says as he opens the door.

I walk and see antlers all over the place and some stairs by the door. "Good grief do you need all these antlers!?"

"Yes," he says sounding serious.

"Okay. So what are we doing at you house anyways?" I say.

"Well we have have to get a bow that roughly the size you'll need," he says as he heads upstairs.

We walk into a room that's filled with a bunch of bows, arrows, guns, and knives. He walks over to the case that has bows and pulls on out that seem almost the same height as me. He hands it over to me.

"Pull the bow string back but don't let go of it," he says.

I pull it back but was kind of hard and then Gaston walks around me like a vulture. "Okay that looks about right," he says. I carefully release pressure from the bowstring so it goes back in place. Gaston grabs a quiver and puts arrows in it and then grabs his own bow.

"Okay lets go," he says.

We walk behind his house and there's a stable. I see a familiar looking horse and realize it's Sandy. I run up to her.

"Oh my gosh Sandy I can't believe I forgot about you!" I say.

"Yeah I saw her at one of the other stables and brought her here," Gaston says behind me. I turn around and see him saddling up his horse. I let Sandy out and hop on her. Gaston hops on his horse and we ride to a small clearing next to the woods. Gaston hops off and I do the same. Gaston hand me the bow after putting in arrow in it. I pull back with my right hand.

  Gaston gets right behind me where his body is pressed up right next to mine. I feel his breath on my neck and it makes me shiver. He touches my hand and makes it where I only have three fingers on the string and fixes my left arm to where it's not completely straight. He points to the tree in front of us.

"Try and hit that tree right there," he says.

  I breath in through my nose and out through my mouth. I concentrate on the tree and let go. It hits a few feet away from the tree. My face falls a little.

"That's actually really good for you first time," Gaston says in my ear. We try a few more times and then take a break. After a short break we get back at it. Gaston shoots a few to times to show me how it's done and he never misses! How's a girl supposed to be confident with a guy like him! When the sun starts to set we decide to head back to the village. We hop back on our horses and start to head home.

Unknown POV

  I watch as the new girl and Gaston head back to the village. They are talking and the new girls laugh echoes through the fields and Gaston is smiling! It absolutely disgusts me to see Gaston happy. He doesn't deserve it he's a monster. The only thing I know for sure is that it's time to kill the beast.