Chapter 11

Gaston and I head toward our spot, so we can shoot some more

Gaston and I head toward our spot, so we can shoot some more. We decided to walk instead of ride since it was so pretty outside. We get to our spot and start shooting. My second shot I actually hit the tree. I jump up and so excited.

"I actually hit it!" I say.

"I noticed," Gaston says with a smirk,"I didn't realize you would be so happy about that."

I laugh, "Well of course I'm happy I'm one step closer to being better than you."

"Sure, but can you do this?" He loads his bow and before I can proses what's happening he lets go and hits dead center in the tree and as quick as lightning he shoots another one and hits the exact same place splitting the other arrow down the middle.

"Show off," I grumble.

  He laughs as he takes his jacket off. He looks like he's about to say something but then he stops for some reason. He look around the woods as if he heard something.

"What?" I ask.

"Just stay here for a minute," he says and walks off into the woods.

  'Okay that was wired' I say to myself. I sit down on the ground and take out some grapes from my satchel. A few minutes later Gaston still isn't back and I start to worry. I walk into the woods and start looking around for Gaston. All I hear is a gun shot and sprint in that direction. When I get there I see Gaston facing the other direction. He slowly turns around and I see red spreading at his lower stomach as he falls to the ground. I run over to him and catch him before he hits the ground and rest his head on my lap.

He looks at me with the saddest face I've ever seen.

"Hey don't look at me like that, your going to be fine," I say with tears in my eyes. I take of my jacket to try and stop the bleeding and press it against the wound. I look back at Gaston's face and it breaks my heart.

"If I don't live through this-"

"I don't want to hear that crap your going to be fine," I say with tears falling down my face.

"I want you to know I love you," he says.

All of a sudden I feel a sharp pain in my head and everything goes black.