Chapter 18

Me and Gaston have been back in Villeneuve for about a week

Me and Gaston have been back in Villeneuve for about a week. We haven't seen any guards so I think they got the message about the fact that Gaston could easily kill them. When we first got back LeFou was pretty mad that Gaston left without his bullet wound being completely healed but he did understand why. I haven't been able to do much other than lounge around but I think my whip marks are healed even though they will leave scars. I was laying in bed when I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. The door to the bedroom opens and I look up to see Gaston.

"Hello beautiful," he says with a smirk.

"Hey," I say tiredly.

"How are you feeling?"

"Much better than I have been."

"That's good," he says walking over to my side of the bed, "let's see how your back is healing up."

I roll around so I'm on my stomach instead of my side. He looks at my wounds and runs his finger down all of them sending shivers down my back.

"Looks like they are healing up nicely but they will leave scars," he says.

"Okay so does that mean I'm off bed rest because it's driving me crazy being stuck in your house all day."

He chuckles, "Yeah your off bed rest."

"Great!" I say getting up from bed, "Can we wonder around town?"

"Sure," he says.

We walk downstairs to door. We get outside and it's so sunny outside.

"So where'd you go this morning?" I ask.

"Just hunting," he says almost to quickly.

Before I can press any further I hear someone yell Gaston's name. I turn around and see LeFou though at first he doesn't seem to notice me.

"Hey Gaston how'd it go this morn-" he stops dead in his tracks when he sees me. I look up at Gaston and he's giving LaFou a glare. Okay what is going on? I think to myself.

"Never mind. I'll talk to you later," he says to Gaston and walks away.

"Okay well that was weird," I say.

"Yeah it was."

  I look at Gaston for a minute but then keep walking. We wonder around town for awhile. The villagers keep pointing and staring at us as if they've never seen us together before. It appears we're the talk of the town. Later we walk behind the tavern. I lean against the wall a little tired and Gaston looks at me then kisses me lightly on the lips. I kiss him back and we kiss behind the tavern for a few minutes. We pull back catching our breath. I look at him and blush as he gives me this handsome smile. The sun starts to set and we go into the tavern for supper.

  We walk back to his house and go to the bedroom. I lay down and put the covers on. Gaston lays next me wrapping his arms around my waist. I fall asleep quickly with a smile on my face.