4

4; Office Meetings

{March 4, 2012}

After yesterday, Crystal and Arzaylea have been avoiding me. I find it hilarious, people are scared of the new girl, which is me. I'm just sitting in my father's office building, waiting fro him to finish with his clients.

I sighed. "Stupid office meetings. I hate coming here." I mumbled, crossing my legs. I turned the page in my book and sighed again.

"Dude, I told you to stop asking why I'm here." I lifted an eyebrow and looked over the top of my book. I saw that Michael kid with another boy, around Michael's height, wearing a red bandana.

"Come on Ash, why'd you ask me to drive you here?" Michael asked.

"Because I need a therapist, ok. Are you happy now?" That Ash kid asked.

Michael sighed. "I'll just sit and wait for you to get out." Michael said and that Ash kid nodded.

"I'll be out in a few minutes. I'm just here to talk about times I can come in." That Ash kid said and walked off.

Michael walked over and sat down next to me, grabbing a magazine. I rolled my eyes and flipped to the next page in my book, reading the next chapter. "Hey, don't you go to my school?" Michael asked me.

I ignored him and flipped the page.

"Hey, girl." Michael said, tapping my shoulder.

Yet again, I ignored him.

"I see, you're not talking to me. Ok, that's fine." Michael said and I smirked.

I flipped the page and started reading. "Just because I don't talk to you doesn't mean I'm ignoring you." I spoke, causing Michael to look over.

"Then why aren't you answering my question?" He asked.

"There's multiple reasons why I wasn't answering or couldn't answer." I said, marking my spot in the book before closing it.

"And those are?" Michael asked.

"I could have a medical issue. I could have been deaf. I could have had music in. Why I wasn't answering was because I as concentrated on my book in hand." I said, lifting my book slightly.

"Oh. Why are you so smart?" Michael asked.

"I'm not. I just take in knowledge better than you or other people." I spoke simply.

Michael shook his head. "You're crazy." He said.

I shrugged. "My reality is just different from yours." I said.

"Did-Did you just quote the Cheshire Cat?" Michael asked.

I shrugged again. "Maybe, maybe not." I said and that Ash kid walked out with my father?!

"Ok Ashton, I'll see you on Monday." My father said.

"Ok Dr. Prim. Thank you for seeing me today." That Ashton boy said.

My father nodded. "Well bye Ashton." My father said and I stood up, walking over to my father as Ashton went over to Michael.

"Oh right, I forgot you were here." My father said.

"Of course you did. With all your clients and office meetings, you can forget about your own daughter waiting for you." I spoke sarcastically.

"Hazel, I'm sorry darling." My father said.

I rolled my eyes. "Sure you are. I was just here to tell you I got in trouble at school yesterday. Not that you care, but I thought I'd tell you." I said.

"What'd you do?" My father asked.

"I punched a couple of sluts in the face. Broke one of their noses and knocked the other out." I said and my father sighed, shaking his head.

"Just like your mother. Sometimes I wish you'd act at least a little like a lady but you take so much after your mother." My father said.

"I do at that. Well bye, I gotta get home." I said.

"Goodbye Hazel, love you." My father said.

"Bye Hunter, love ya too." I said and walked past Ashton, only to have him pull me back.

I looked at him. "What?" I asked.

"You go to our school, right?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yea, and?" I asked.

Ashton let go of my arm and smiled. "No reason. You're forgetting this by the way." Ashton said and held up my book. I took it.

"Thanks. See ya later." I said.

Ashton waved and I walked away. "See ya later." I walked out of the office building and looked in my book.

On the front over was Ashton's name and number with a smiley face. I smiled and walked to my car.

Well played Ashton, well played.