18

18; Meeting My Mum

{April 27, 2012}

So yesterday Ashton asked me to be his girlfriend. I, of course, said yes and now Ashton's my official boyfriend. Today I'm taking Ashton somewhere I don't normally take boys, that's the cemetery where my mum was buried.

We're currently sitting in the car, in front of the cemetery. Ashton's just sitting next to me, very confused. I'm so nervous, I haven't been back to my mum's grave since they buried her. "You ok?" Ashton asked.

I looked at him. "Yea, I'm fine. Let's go." I said and we got out of the car. We walked into the cemetery and I took Ashton's hand.

"Come on, follow me." I said and guided Ashton to my mother's grave. Once we arrived at the grave, I took the rose I had in my hair, out and held it.

"Wh-" I shushed Ashton and walked up to my mother's grave.

I smiled. "Hey mum, it's me again. I missed you." I said and set the white rose on her grave. "I got you a white rose, I know how much you love them." I said and looked at Ashton.

"Can I?" He asked and I nodded.

"Mum, there's someone I want you to meet. His name is Ashton, and he's amazing." I said and Ashton walked up next to me.

"Hey Mrs. Prim. I'm Ashton, Hazel's boyfriend." Ashton said and kissed my cheek.

I smiled and looked at my mum's grave. "He's super sweet. He was the only boy in Australia to actually treat me like a girl." I said and Ashton chuckled.

"Despite all the trouble you caused, you're still a woman. You're very independent, even with a boyfriend. That's what drew me towards you, your determination and independence." Ashton said and I blushed.

"Mrs. Prim, your daughter is the most wonderful thing to ever happen to me. She beat up two girls on her first day at school, which I think is amazing." Ashton said and I nodded.

"I take after you so well, mum." I said and Ashton nodded, wrapping his arm around my waist.

He pulled me closer to him and looked down at my mum's grave. "Listen, you're daughter is the best thing to ever happen to anyone. I'm surprised I ended up with her." Ashton said and I blushed.

"Awe, Ash that's sweet." I said and Ashton kissed my cheek.

"Mrs. Prim, I wish that I could've met you. I'm sure you were just as sweet and loving as Hazel is. Sure she's a pain in the ass," I glared at Ashton. "But, her Nana told me she takes after you. Told me about how you were a pain as well, which I find quite adorable. A daughter taking after her mother, it's great to see not every girl in this world is such a slut." Ashton said and I laughed.

"Geez, you should've heard the stories I heard about my mum. I swear you wouldn't be saying that if you knew. Luckily, I'm not so much like my mother to go sleep around. Good thing she didn't actually do much, or I'm sure there would be more of me." I said and Ashton was a bit shocked.

"Wow." He said and I nodded.

"My mum was a wild kid. Right mum?" I asked and the wind blew by.

"That's a yes." I said and smiled down at my mother's grave.

"Well I wish I could stay in Cali to see you everyday but unfortunately I'm stuck in Australia." I said and closed my eyes.

"Mum, daddy found a new wife." My voice cracked and a few tears slipped down my face.

"Hazel." Ashton said.

"Karen is such a slut. She's using daddy for his money, which isn't much. I wish you were here again, mum. Karen's son, Jason, isn't even the age he says he is. I swear he's older than his own mother." I mumbled.

"Hazel." Ashton said.

Tears rolled down my cheeks and I opened my eyes slightly, watching them fall to the ground. "I wish you were still alive mum. Daddy wouldn't have had to remarry and we would all be back in Australia, as a family." I smiled weakly.

"Hazel, answer me." Ashton said, waving his hand in my face.

"Daddy's job moved him out to Australia so he took me with him. I guess he still does care for me a little bit like he used to. I guess some people never do change their old ways. I love you mum, forever and always." My voice broke and I turned to Ashton, crying into his chest.

He hugged me and rubbed my back, laying his chin on the top of my head. "It's ok Hazel. You'll be ok." Ashton said and looked at my mum's grave.

"It was nice meeting you, Mrs. Prim. I wish to see you again some day." Ashton said and took my hand back in his.

"Before we go," I looked at my mum's grave and blew her a kiss. "If you can hear this cry for help, please do something to make daddy remember you. Please do something to make him divorce Karen and kick her out. I love you mum, I promise I'll see you again, love you." I smiled at my mother's grave and Ashton walked be back to the car.

He put me in the passenger seat of the car and got in the driver's seat, looking at me. "Hazel are you ok?" He asked, wiping my tears away.

I nodded. "I'm fine. Sorry meeting my mum was so emotional. I didn't think I'd get that emotional, seeing my mum's grave again." I said.

"How long has it been since you've been back?" Ashton asked.

"Her funeral. The last time she saw me was at her funeral, where I dropped a bouquet of white roses on her coffin. It's been so long since I've been back, I forgot how hard it was to see her." I said and Ashton nodded, driving off.

"It's ok Hazel, she's watching over you now. She'll forever be in your heart as well." Ashton said.

I looked at him. "How can we be so sure she'll do my request?" I asked.

Ashton glanced at me and smiled. "If I know a mum well, I'm positive she'll do anything to keep her family safe."

"But-"

"I promise, just trust me."