7

7; Love

[Time Skip]

{April 4, 2012}

It's been few weeks since I had first arrived in Australia. It's actually very quite funny how I'm feared by all the girls, and fit in with all the guys. Although I am very proud to be feared, I could care less about being friends with girls.

I'm currently in the book store, looking for books to buy. I absolutely love reading. Reading is one of my most favorite things to do. I'm currently standing on the footstool in the book store, trying to grab a book on the shelf.

"Damn this book. It's too high up." I mumbled, trying to stand on my tippy toes to reach the book more.

"Ugh, this is worthless." I mumbled, going to get down but I slipped and fell off the stool. I was about to hit the ground when a pair of arms caught me, pulling me back to my feet.

"Hazel, are you ok?" Ashton!! I jumped out of his arms and turned around, blushing.

"Uh..." I trailed off, looking down.

"You ok?" He asked, making me look at him.

I nodded, looking back up at the book I can't reach. "I can't seem to reach that book." I pointed to the book and Ashton reached up, grabbing the book with no problem.

He held it out to me and I frowned, taking the book out of his hands. "You're too tall." I said.

"I'm six foot." He said and I sighed, looking at the books.

"So, what are you doing here?" I asked, grabbing another book I liked.

"I was coming in to find a book I found interesting. Can't seem to find it." Ashton said and I looked at him, three books in my hands.

"What's it called?" I asked.

"The Girl From The Well."

"I love that book. Follow me, I found it earlier." I said and Ashton followed me to where I found the book. I showed him the book and he picked it up.

"Thanks Hazel." Ashton said and I picked up two horror books I liked.

"Geez, you love reading don't you?" Ashton asked and I nodded, holding the five books in my hands.

"Yea, I'm like my mother." I said and grabbed my two favorite books, The Cabin and The Cellar. They're in a series I love so much.

"Oh, I bet you're mother is very beautiful then." Ashton said and I blushed, nodding.

"She was. She was the most beautiful person I've ever met." I said and looked down, at my books in hand.

"What do you mean was?" Ashton asked.

I frowned. "My mother got cancer and died when I was younger." I said and Ashton frowned.

"I'm so sorry, Hazel." He said.

I shook my head. "It's fine, you didn't know. Not many people do know about what happened to her. Only you, my father, and Amber know what happened to her." I said and Ashton took my books from me.

"Do you want more books?" He asked.

"Sure." I said and he took me around the store, picking out books I love.

Once we were done, I had a stack of books hiding Ashton's face. "Geez girl, you love to read." Ashton said and I giggled.

"I'm a fast reader, I have to buy multiple books or I'll get bored fast." I said and we walked to the front, Ashton setting the books down.

"You could've told me that. There's another book store down the road with more books." Ashton said and the cashier rang the books up.

"Really?" I asked.

Ashton nodded. "Yea. I can take you there later, if you want." Ashton said and I smiled.

"That'd be amazing, thanks." I said and the cashier smiled at me.

"That'll be sixty twenty-four." She said and before I could hand her my card, Ashton gave the girl his card.

"Ashton you didn't have to do that." I said, but he shook his head.

"Nope, I wanted to." He said and the girl smiled, handing Ashton his card back. She bagged my books and gave me the bag. I took it and smiled at her.

"Have a great day, and appreciate what your boyfriend does very once in a while. You two are lovely together." The girl said and my jaw dropped slightly.

"Um, ma'am we are-" I was cut off by Ashton wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Thank you ma'am. Have a nice day." Ashton said and walked out of the store with me.

I looked at him and he smiled, showing off his dimples. "What?" He asked.

"We're not dating." I said.

Ashton looked heart broken. "I know, I just don't want to let the girl's feeling down. She'll probably never see us again anyway." Ashton said.

"That's unless I drag you back to the store with me." I said and Ashton raised an eyebrow.

"Just because I paid for you today doesn't mean I will later." Ashton said and I pouted.

"Please?" I batted my eyelashes and jutted my bottom lip out.

He sighed and I smiled, hugging him. "Thank you. I promise I won't make you pay all the time, just sometimes." I said and Ashton chucked, nodding.

"Sure, whatever you say, love."