8

8; I'm not American, damnit

{April 5, 2012}

"Hazel."

"Go away."

"Please?"

"No. Now go away."

"Hazel please."

I sighed, opening the door. Ashton got in the car and smiled at me. "Thank you." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "You're lucky I didn't run over you." I said.

"What's up with you? You were happy yesterday." Ashton said and I looked at him, dead inside.

"It's none of your business." I said, driving down the road.

"I mean it kinda is. I have to deal with a younger sister like this too." Ashton said and I raised an eyebrow at him.

His eyes widened. "Shit, is it that time of the month?" He asked and I nodded, looking at the road.

"Oh, well I don't know how to help you with that." Ashton said.

"You could shut up and let me drive." I growled.

"Oh, but where are we going?" Ashton asked.

I sighed. "Do you not know the meaning of shut up?" I asked, glaring at him then back at the road.

Ashton raised his hands up in defense. "Sorry, I'll shut up." He zipped his mouth shut and I continued driving, in complete silence.

We sat in silence until I parked the car and we got out. "This is Luke's house." Ashton said.

I nodded. "I know. I came here yesterday and forgot my book. I decided to just come over and get it today." I said and we walked to the front door.

I knocked on the door and waited outside with Ashton. "Can I ask you a question?" Ashton asked.

I shrugged. "Fire away." I said and Ashton nodded.

"Are you American with really tan skin or are you another race?" Ashton asked.

"I'm not American." I said.

Ashton nodded. "Oh." He said and Luke opened the front door.

"Hey Hazel, Ashton." Luke said and let us inside.

I looked at Luke. "Where's my book?" I asked him.

He grabbed a book off the table in the hallway and handed it to me. "Figured you'd come back for it." He said and I took the book.

"Oh, are you American? I have to ask, sorry." Luke said and I sighed.

I shook my head. "I'm not American, damnit." I said.

"Are you sure?" Luke asked.

I glared at him. "I said I'm not American, damnit. I'm not telling you my race either." I said and walked out of the house.

"Hazel wait!!" Luke yelled and ran after me.

I looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "What now?" I asked.

He smiled. "Nothing. You looked cute today, see you later." Luke winked at me and ran back inside, leaving me confused.

What the hell was that?

////

I watched Luke run after Hazel and tell her something. He winked at her and that got the rage inside me to boil. He ran back inside, shutting the front door. As soon as he turned around, I pinned him to the wall, growling.

"Ash, dude what the hell?" He asked and I glared at him.

"Don't you dare think about Hazel like that." I growled.

Luke smirked. "Oh, so you like her." He said.

"Yes and you're not taking her from me." I growled.

Luke pushed me off him and his smirk grew. "Oh but I think I will. She's way out of your league." Luke said.

I scoffed. "She's out of your league if anything." I said.

Luke rolled his eyes. "Please she's fit for me." Luke said.

"She's fit for me." I said.

Luke growled at me and I growled back. "She's mine." We both growled.

I glared at Luke and knew this was just the beginning of a feud to see who wins the girl. And I'm going to be the one to win her heart, no matter what.