12

12; Sneaking Out

{April 9, 2012}

Being a therapist's daughter has it's fun days, but it's hell. I currently am being forced to sit through one of my father's meetings because he wanted to bond with me.

I sighed. "This is so boring." I mumbled, looking through my phone.

"Thank you all for coming. I'll see you next week." The boss said and dismissed everyone. I ran out of the room and straight to my dad's office, grabbing my bag.

"God I hate being here." I mumbled. I went to leave but was stopped by Ashton.

Wait, why is he here? "Hey Ash, is something wrong?" I asked.

"Oh, um I was coming back for my-uh-" He trailed off, scratching the back of his neck.

I raised an eyebrow. "Why are you here, really?" I asked.

Ashton sighed. "I wanted to ask you on a date. I knew you'd be here because Amber told me you were forced to stay with your father." Ashton said and I nodded.

"Well if that's why you're here, then-" I trailed off and looked at my phone.

"Please? I think you're really sweet and I wanted to get to know you more." Ashton said.

I smiled. "Awe, thank you." I said.

"You're welcome, but seriously, go on a date with me?" Ashton asked.

I looked down and then back up, smiling brighter. "Sure. I'd love to." I said and Ashton did something I didn't think he'd do. He leaned down and pecked my lips.

I opened my mouth slightly in shock, as Ashton leaned back. "I'll pick you up at eight." He smiled, leaving me in my father's office, shocked more than ever.

"Hey honey!!" I heard my father yell, walking into his office. I shook the thoughts away and my father looked at me.

"Oh hey honey. I want you to with me back to Cali." Wait, what?

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, a bit confused.

"You're aunt and grandmother want me to come back to Cali with you for a family reunion." My father said.

I shook my head. "When do you leave?" I asked.

"Tonight."

"What!!" I yelled. That's a shit load of packing.

"We'll be there for three weeks. Our plane leaves at ten tonight." Hunter said.

"Dad I can't leave now!" I exclaimed.

My father shook his head. "Yes you can. We have to leave, your family misses you." My father said.

I shook my head. "I'd love to go but I can't go." I said.

My father sighed. "Hazel please don't argue with me. I want you to come with me tonight, please honey?" my father asked.

I sighed. "Fine, but take me home now. I need to pack." I said.

"I had Amber pack your bags for here. She's going to meet us at the airport." Hunter said and took my hand.

"Come on honey, we gotta go." My father said and dragged me out of the office.

"Dad wait, please stop." I said and he looked at me.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Can I at least talk to Ashton before I leave?" I asked.

"Um, sure. Hurry up." My father said and I nodded.

I ran from my father and out of the office, to Ashton's house as fast as I could. I ran up to his front door and knocked on it. "Ashton open the door!!" I yelled.

Please hurry up. I looked down, tears in my eyes. Ashton opened the front door and saw my crying. "Oh Hazel, what's wrong?" He asked and my dad drove up in his car.

"Honey hurry up!!" He yelled and I looked at Ashton, pushing him into his house.

"Hazel what's the matter? Why is your father telling you to hurry up?" Ashton asked, but I shook my head. I hugged him and cried into his chest.

"Hazel." Ashton said, lifting my chin up. He wiped my tears away with his thumb and smiled at me.

"Please tell me what's wrong?" He asked.

I sighed. "I'm leaving for three weeks." I said.

"What, why?" Ashton asked.

"Family reunion. I leave tonight." I said.

"But our date." Ashton said.

"I want to but I just can't go sneaking out of a plane." I said.

"Ugh, then I'll go with you." Ashton said.

"What?" I asked, shocked.

"I'll go with you to, wherever you're going." Ashton said.

"But we leave at ten tonight." I said.

"I'll be quick." Ashton said and ran upstairs.

"But your siblings!!" I yelled, running after him.

"They'll be fine. They're with my aunt for a few weeks." Ashton said. I ran into his room and saw him packing a bag.

"We'll be gone for three weeks." I said and Ashton zipped up his bag.

"I don't need much. Come on." He said and grabbed a few more things before taking my hand and walking out of his room. I followed him and we walked out front, Ashton locking his house.

"Hazel, hurry up." My father said and I dragged Ashton to the car. We got in and I shut the car door. My father drove off and glanced at Ashton. "He's here because?" My father asked.

"He kinda said he was coming with us. I couldn't stop him." I said.

My father sighed. "I'll buy you a ticket, Ashton." My father said.

Ashton shook his head. "It's fine." Ashton said.

"No let me, Ashton." My father said and I looked at Ashton.

"Just let him." I mumbled, causing Ashton to nod.

"Fine." Ashton said and my father smiled.

"So, what made you want to come to Cali with us?" My father asked, turning down the road to the airport.

I heard Ashton mumble something but I ignored it and changed the subject. "Huh, this is the second time I've been down this road. First time was when I was coming in with Amber." I said.

"I've been here multiple times." Ashton said and I looked at him.

"Thank you for coming." I said.

Ashton smiled. "You're welcome." Ashton said and my father parked the car.

We got out and Ashton grabbed his bag, walking into the airport with me. My father got us three tickets for the plane.

Amber walked in with my suitcase and I smiled at her. "Thank you so much." I said and hugged her.

"Have fun. Don't go sneaking out to parties while you're gone." Amber said.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not going to end up passed out in a pool again." I said and Ashton looked at me.

"A pool?" He asked.

"Don't ask, ever." I said and Amber nodded.

My father pat Ashton's shoulder. "She's a crazy one, never underestimate her." My father said.

Our flight was called and I smiled at Amber. "I'll see you in three weeks." I said and pat her back before running to the gate where our flight was.

Ashton looked at me and smiled. "California here we come."