16

16; Hospital Visits

{April 13, 2012}

I yawned and woke up, looking around my hospital room. Wait, hospital room?!?!

"Why am I here?" I asked and Ashton looked over.

"Hazel." He said and ran over to my side.

"Why am I here?" I asked him.

"You were bleeding from your forehead and started coughing up blood. Nana called an ambulance and they brought you here." Ashton said.

"So how many hospital visits will you be making before I get out?" I asked.

"Just this one. You get out today." Ashton said and the doctor walked in.

"Good, you're awake." The doctor said and looked at his clipboard.

"Ash." I mumbled.

"It looks like you busted your head when you fell off your bed. You hit the end table and started bleeding. Now the coughing up blood is a different story," The doctor sighed. "It was just your stomach bug. Take the medicine I will be prescribing you for a week then you should be fine. Have a great day, miss Hazel." The doctor said and left the room.

"Ash." I said.

He looked at me. "What?" He asked.

"Where's my Nana?" I asked.

"At home. I said I'd go with you and wait until you woke up. It's the next day." Ashton said and helped me out of the hospital bed.

"I brought you a new pair of clothing. Go change then we can leave." Ashton handed me a bag and I took it, walking into the bathroom.

" Ashton handed me a bag and I took it, walking into the bathroom

I walked out of the bathroom and smiled at Ashton. "Who picked this?" I asked.

"I just grabbed whatever you'd wear." Ashton said.

"It's cute. I didn't know I owned this." I said and Ashton guided me out of the room.

"You didn't, I bought it because I was too scared to leave you alone for long." Ashton said.

"You have very good taste in clothes." I said and Ashton smiled.

"Thank you. I have to go help Lauren shop all the time." Ashton said and we walked to the lobby.

Ashton sighed me out and we walked out of the hospital, down the road, hand in hand. "So, how are you feeling?" Ashton asked.

I shrugged. "Ok, I guess. Can we go home?" I asked.

"Sure." Ashton said.

I shook my head. "No, home home. Australia home." I said.

"Um, I don't know. I don't have enough money to get us two tickets back to Australia." Ashton said.

"That's fine. I can figure something out, I just wanna go home." I said.

"Well why do you wanna go home?" Ashton asked.

"I can't stay here, I just can't." I said and we walked down the road to my nana's house.

"What do we tell your family?" Ashton asked.

I shrugged again. "I don't know. We can tell them something came up with your family and we gotta get back." I said.

"What about your family reunion?" Ashton asked.

"I don't know, I'll come back in a week." I said and we walked into my nana's house. We walked into the living room and saw my family there.

"Um, hey guys we have a problem." I said and my father looked at me.

"What's wrong honey?" He asked.

"Lauren called me and said my mum got worse. We have to head back to Australia." Ashton said and I nodded.

"I'm heading back with him to help his family out." I said.

"But the reunion." Aunt Mika said.

"I'm sorry, I gotta help out Ashton." I said.

"And I'd love to stay but I can't." Ashton said.

"Well you can't go anywhere." Ryan said.

"What, why not?" I asked.

"There's a storm coming through Australia, you won't be able to get there for a week." Ryan said.

"Why?" I asked.

"It's a hurricane, sorry guys. You won't be able to go anywhere right now. Amber called and said there was a hurricane coming through and that she's glade you two are here." Ryan said.

"Damnit." I mumbled.

"Well looks like we're stuck here." Ashton said and smiled at my family.

"I'm just gonna take her back to her room. She still needs rest." Ashton said and guided me back to my treehouse. Once we were inside the treehouse, Ashton sat me down on my bed and sat next to me.

"Ash." I said, looking at my table.

"Yea?" He asked.

"Why is that box out?" I asked, pointing to my memory box.

"Um, I found it. Sorry for being so nosey. Your Nana told me about your mother." Ashton said and I looked down.

"I'm sorry for talking about her. I found out you hate talking about her and your past." Ashton said.

"It's fine, just please don't ask me about her." I said.

Ashton nodded. "I swear I will never ask about her, ever."