20

20; Mistakes

[Time Skip]

{June 6, 2012}

So in a few days, we all get out of school. I haven't told anyone yet but I applied to this college in Canada and I actually got in. I want to tell Amber and Ashton but I don't think I can. It's just too hard for me to tell them.

"So, what are you going to do when we graduate?" Rosa asked.

I looked at her and shrugged. "I'm not sure yet." I'm already positive with what I'm doing when I graduate.

Rosa nodded. "Oh, well I got accepted into that tech college in Maryland, in the Untied States." Rosa said.

"Cool." I said and Lola smiled at me.

"Yea and I was accepted into the art college I wanted to go to in London." Lola said.

I smiled. "That's great guys." I grabbed my bag and stood up.

"Where you going?" Amber asked.

"Home. See you guys later." I said and walked out of the coffee shop, down the road.

Geez, how do I tell Amber and Ashton I'm going to college in Canada? I told Amber I was trying to get into a school back in Cali but I ended up getting accepted into the one in Canada. And I told Ashton I wasn't sure about my college choices.

"God this is so hard." I mumbled.

"What's so hard?" Ashton!! I jumped up and saw Ashton walking next to me.

I laughed nervously. "Oh, nothing. I'm just arguing with myself." I said and Ashton took my hand in his, walking me to his car.

"You know it's getting dark. And it gets cold when it's dark." Ashton said and we got in his car.

"I know that, I'm used to it." I said and Ashton rolled his eyes, starting the car and driving me home.

"You're so complicated sometimes." He said and I smiled lightly.

"I like being complicated." I mumbled and looked out the window.

Once Ashton arrived at my house, I pecked his lips and got out of the car. "Bye Ash, love you." I said and blew him a kiss before running into my house, unlocking the front door.

I ran into my room and set my bag on the bed, grabbing my acceptance letter from the school in Canada. I looked at it and sighed, closing my eyes. "I feel like I made a mistake." I mumbled, shaking my head.

"I know I make mistakes all the time but I feel like this mistake wasn't as good as the rest." I whispered.

"Hazel, you left your ph-what's that?" I jumped and opened my eyes, seeing Ashton in my doorway.

"Uh..." I trailed off, looking down at the acceptance letter.

"Hazel, what is that?" He asked and set my phone down, siting next to me.

He took the letter from me and read it. "You got accepted into a college. That's wonderful." Ashton smiled at me and kissed my cheek.

"Did you read where it is?" I asked and he looked at the location, his face falling.

"You're going to Canada?" Ashton asked and I nodded.

He set the letter down, taking my hands in his. "Baby, it's ok. You got accepted into a college and that's all I care about." Ashton said and I smiled lightly at him.

"But I feel like I made a mistake." I said.

Ashton shook his head. "No, you didn't. You were accepted into the college you applied to. You've told me a couple times before about wanting to go to school in Canada." Ashton said.

"Yea but that was before I started to date you. Now I don't wanna leave Australia." I said.

Ashton smiled and kissed my hands. "Baby, it's fine. I promise you everything will be ok." Ashton said.

I nodded. "Fine. What about your band? How is it going?" I asked.

Ashton's smile grew. "We got a gig. Some big shot companies are going to be there so this is our chance." Ashton said.

"That's great. What's your band name?" I asked.

"Five Seconds Of Summer."

"Did you let Michael choose the name?" I asked.

"Well sorta. He wanted to name it Bromance. We decided against it." Ashton said and I giggled.

"So what are you going to do if you make it big?" I asked.

Ashton's smile faded. "We're not sure yet. We were hoping to make our own record company and sign people to it while we're still preforming as a band." Ashton said.

"Well that's awesome." I said and my phone rung.

I picked it up, answering the call. "Hello." I said.

"Hazel, I want you to know that I'm getting a divorce from your ste-Karen." My father said and I jumped up.

"Really!?!?" I asked, excitement running through my voice.

"Yea. She cheated on me, twice." My father said.

"Well I would be sorry but I'm not, I hated that bitch." I said.

"You know, she's still in the house." I could see my father's smirk now.

"And?" I asked, a smirk growing on my face.

"You can come over and beat her to a pulp if you want." I grabbed my keys and Ashton's hand.

"I'm on my way." I hung up the phone and ran out of my house, to Ashton's car. We got in and I put my phone in my pocket, putting my hair up.

"Drive." I demanded and Ashton drove.

"Where we going?" Ashton asked and I smirked at him.

"To beat Karen to a pulp."

---

"Ahh!! Stay away from me you crazy bitch!!" Karen yelled, running down the stairs. I chased her, the kitchen knife firm in my hand.

"Get back here you slut!!" I shouted, throwing the knife in her direction. She ducked and I pounced on her, tackling her to the ground. My father smirked, crossing his arms as he watched the scene unfold.

"I swear it was a mistake!!" Karen cried and I punched her in the face.

"Yea right. I knew you were a slut the day I first saw you." I punched her again, knocking her out. I got off her and her son walked in, looking at me.

"What the hell?" He asked and I cracked my knuckles, smirking at him.

"You're next, ass." I jumped on him and fell to the floor with him, my hands around his neck.

"Hey!! I said don't chock them." My father said and I frowned.

"Damnit." I punched Jason instead and he went unconscious in one punch.

I heard something crack and Ashton helped me up. I held my hand and winced in pain. "I think I broke my hand." I said and my father walked out, then walked back into the living room with an ice pack.

"Here." He said and put the ice pack on my hand.

"Well, how does it feel to finally get them?" Ashton asked.

"Amazing. And dad." I said, looking at my father.

"Yes baby?" He asked and I smiled, kissing his cheek.

"I love you, dad."

My father smiled at me. "I love you too, baby."