17

17; Official

[Time Skip]

{April 26, 2012}

"Hazel, hurry up." Ashton said, making me groan.

"Shut up, I'm coming." I said and checked my outfit in the mirror.

"You sure your family is ok with you wearing this stuff?" Ashton asked and walked into my closet

"It'll be fine. I wear stuff like this all the time. They really don't care about what I wear." I said and looked at Ashton.

"So, ready to meet my family?" I asked.

Ashton took my hands in his and smiled at me. "Can I ask you something?" He asked.

I nodded. "Shoot." I said.

He smiled and kissed my hands. "Can we make it official?" Ashton asked.

"Make what official?" I tilted my head in confusion.

Ashton shook his head, chuckling. "Us. Make us official." Ashton said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Ashton rolled his eyes. "You're so cute when you're confused." Ashton said and kissed my cheek.

"Hazel, will y-"

"Hazel!!!! Ashton!!! Come on!!" Nana yelled and I smiled at Ashton.

"Ask me later." I said and dragged Ashton out of the treehouse. We climbed down the treehouse and my aunt's younger sister pulled me over to her.

"My baby!! How are you, darling?" Mika's sister, Emily, asked.

"I'm fine, Aunt Em." I said and Kiara ran over.

"Hazel, who's the boy?" Kiara asked and pointed to Ashton.

"Oh my god, Hazel got a boyfriend." Aunt Em said and Kiara squealed.

"Yay!! Oh my god, introduce him to us." Before I could speak, Kiara pulled me over to Ashton, who was being interrogated by my gay cousin, Quince.

"Quince stop asking him questions." I said and he looked at me.

"Hazel, who is this?" Quince asked and Ashton looked at me.

"Who is he?" Ashton asked and I pulled my hand from Kiara's grip.

"Ok, this is Quince and Kiara." I pointed my cousins out.

"And this is Ashton." I said and Kiara smiled at me.

"So when were you going to tell us?" Kiara asked.

"Tell us what?" Quince asked.

"Ok first, we're not official but we are friends with benefits. Well sorta friends with benefits." I said and Ashton kissed my cheek.

"Can I please ask you a question?" Ashton asked.

"Later, go mingle with my family." I said and shooed Ashton away.

"Hey, you can't just shoo me away." Ashton said.

"Can and will. Now go." I said and Ashton sighed.

"You're so lucky you're cute." Ashton said and walked off.

Kiara smiled at me and Quince fanned himself. "You better tie that boy down." Quince said.

"Quince you're dating someone, and you're too young Kiara." I said and they both huffed.

"Come on." They both whined.

"Shut up." I said and Kenya ran over with Fernando.

"Oh my god, who got a hot new boyfriend?" Fern asked.

"First, he's older than all of you and second, we're not official." I said.

"So it's you." Kenya said.

"Kenya, you're thirteen like Kiara. You two are twins and Fern is dating Quince, so shut up." I said.

"Whatever." They all said and Aunt Em ran over with Maria.

"So.." They both trailed off.

"Hazel's boyfriend-but-not-boyfriend." They all said and I smiled, nodding.

"Oh, I see." Maria said.

"Are you gonna introduce him to your whole family?" Aunt Em asked.

"Yes." I said and Ashton walked over, talking on his phone.

"Oh, thanks for the update Lauren. I'll see you when I get back, stay strong for me sis." Ashton said.

Ashton smiled. "Ok, bye Lauren. Tell mum I said hey." Ashton said and put his phone away.

He looked at me and I smiled. "Lauren keeping tabs on your mum?" I asked and Ashton nodded.

"Oh, I hope she gets better." I said and Ashton nodded.

"Me too. So, gonna introduce me to your family?" Ashton asked and I blushed.

"Sure, follow me." I said and took his hand, dragging him around my nana's house, introducing him to my whole family.

Once I was done introducing him to the family, we walked back to my treehouse. "Now can I ask you something?" Ashton asked.

I sighed and nodded. "Sure, fire away." I said and Ashton took my hands in his.

"Ok, Hazel this is something I've wanted to ask since I met you." Ashton said and I looked around.

"Um, don't you think you could ask me in the treehouse?" I asked.

"No, please just let me ask you this." Ashton said and I sighed, nodding.

"Go ahead." I said and Ashton smiled.

"Hazel, will you please be my girlfriend?" Ashton asked and I was shocked.

My family awed and I looked at them before looking back at Ashton. "Please? We should really make this official already." Ashton said and I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him flat on the lips.

He kissed me back and I smiled through the kiss. I moved back and blushed lightly. "Does that answer your question?" I asked.

Ashton nodded. "Very much so."