6

6; Broken Records

{March 6, 2012}

I sat in the middle of Creative Writing, tapping my pencil on the table. I'm waiting to go to Chemistry because Hazel is in the same class as me. She's been running through my mind like a broken record, all day long.

"Oh my god, Ash listen to me." Calum said, snapping me back into reality.

I looked at him. "Yea?" I asked.

Calum shook his head. "We gotta turn in our essay." Calum said and I nodded.

I wrote my name on my essay and walked up to the front, handing my essay to Mr. Miko. I walked back to my seat and the bell rung. "Ok class, have a nice day." Mr. Miko said and we all left his class.

I grabbed my bag and walked to Chemistry, hoping to find Hazel in the classroom. I walked in the class and saw Hazel in the back, looking down at her desk. I smiled and walked over other. "Hazel." I said, but she didn't answer me.

I tilted my head in confusion. "Hey, Haz." I said, only for her to continue staring at her desk.

I looked at her desk and saw some drawing on her desk. She must be too concentrated to even notice me. "Hazel." I said, tapping her shoulder. She looked up and smiled at me.

She took out her earbuds and set her pencil down. "Hey Ashton." She said and I looked at her drawing.

"That's really good." I said and she blushed.

"Thanks." She looked down and the bell rung.

Mr. Marcico walked in and smiled at the class. "Hello class." He said we all nodded.

"Today I'm going to ask that you get into a group of two. I'll tell you what we're doing after that." Mr. Marcico said and most of the girls looked at me, while the guys looked at Hazel.

"Ashton, be my partner." One girl said.

"Hazel, wanna be my partner?" A guy asked.

"Ash, be my partner." Crystal said and another guy walked over to Hazel.

"Sorry, I'm not going to get into a group with you." Hazel said and put her drawing away.

I looked at her and smiled. "Wanna be my partner?" I asked and she looked at me, smiling.

"Sure." She said. The girls and guys sighed, getting into groups of two.

Mr. Marcico smiled and looked at the class. "Ok, this project will take you until the end of the year." Mr. Marcico started explaining the project while most of the kids weren't even paying attention to him.

"You will be presenting this at the end of the year so get to work." Mr. Marcico finished and Hazel looked at me.

"What me to work on the project? I can do it by myself if you want." Hazel said.

I tilted my head. "Why would you think I'd want you to do the project alone?" I asked her.

She shrugged. "You're family and therapist, I thought I'd give you a little relief by doing the work alone." She mumbled.

"No. You don't have to do the work all alone. I can help you, besides we both need a good grade in this class." I said and Hazel nodded.

"Ok." She said and the bell rung. She took her bag and stood up.

"I'll see you later." Hazel said and I nodded, smiling at her.

"See you later, love." I winked at her and walked out of the class, leaving her stunned.

There goes my heart, breaking when I leave her. Oh Hazel what are you doing to me?

////

"See you later, love." Ashton winked at me and walked out of the classroom, leaving me stunned.

I shook my head and walked out of class, into the busy hallway. I made my way outside and towards Amber's car. I got in and thought of Ashton's smile. The way his dimples show when he smiles too much.

The way my name rolls off his tongue like it's his first language. The way his accent deepens and shows more when he says love. Oh my god, just everything about Ashton plays like a broken record in my head.

"Hazel!!" Amber yelled, snapping me back into the real world.

I looked at her. "What?" I asked.

"You ok? You're day dreaming again." Amber said.

I nodded. "I'm fine, I swear." I said and Amber shook her head.

"Whatever. Let's go, we're home." Amber said and we got out of the car.

There goes my heart, speeding up at the thought of Ashton. Oh god Ashton, what are you doing to me?