The talk about leaving.

Chapter 6.

“Why can’t I not go to school?” I asked. My Mom and Dad were arguing with me about not letting me leave and not go to school. “Because where would you catch up while you are away?” Mom asked. “Couldn’t I live with Grandma in Calgary? Or with one of my friend’s?” I asked. Hoping they would let me go to either one. “I guess you could. Grandma wouldn’t mind the company. And if you pick one friend me and your Dad will negotiate.” Mom said. Right when my Mom said pick a friend. I had the best person in mind. My best friend. Star. We did everything together. And when my parent’s and I were having a fight I would always spend a few day’s with her. And also my parent’s loved her. Like a third child. And me, her, and my brother Scott. Hung around great. Even though my brother is 18 and Star and I are only 15. We still liked to hang when he was in town. My brother is away in France. With a job. But when he left we threw him a party. And when he comes back we will throw him another party. But this time it will be a welcome home one. Not a going away one. And I am almost 16 in June and right now is only Mid-May. So next month. Like two weeks. I can’t wait. “Can’t I live with Star?” I asked. ‘I will talk to your dad about that.” Mom said. I was hoping hey would say. “Yes.” But I can’t get my hopes to high. I lied in my bed hoping my parents came back soon. But they only called e down for dinner. We ate quietly. And then I went up to my room to got ready for bed I crawled in and my parents came in. “You should stat packing. Because we talked with Stars parents and their letting you stay with them.” Mom said. ‘Really? When do I have to leave?” I asked. “The day after tomorrow.” My Dad said. “Thank you.” I said. “Go to sleep. You have a lot o do tomorrow.” Mom said. I was so stoked. I actually was aloud to stay at Stars house. Yay. No more boy drama.