27

Troye's pov

As the schoolday comes to an end, I get out of class early and wait by Jacob's seventh period for him to come out. It's one of the most nerve-wracking things to deal with when you're meeting up with someone... getting lost. I can just see puppy-eyed Jacob getting lost and ringing me up, babbling and asking where I am. 

I decided against having to deal with that hassle and made it easier on the both of us. 

Once the bell rings and the hallways are flooded with students, I search out for Jacob and pull him to the side as I find him. He jumps and turns to me, shock leaving his face and is quickly replaced with a tired smile. 

"Hey," He says over the commotion of everyone, taking my hand and slipping through past everyone until we're outside. 

Jacob lets go of my hand and walks beside me.

"So, how tired and stressed are you?" I ask in an amused tone, noticing his slouched down shoulders and red eyes. 

"Words cannot explain how much I'd like to be laying in bed right now." He whinges, rubbing his eyes and letting out a small yawn. 

"I agree, but now do you see why I'm always so knackered when I get home from here?"

With wide, agreeing eyes, he nods.

"Hell yes, now let's get to the flat before I fall down and crumple into a pile of dust." Jacob murmurs and picks up his pace, linking an arm with mine now that we're out of sight of the academy.

And with that, we head off to the flat to eat anything and everything and relax after all of the pandemonium of today.

...

"You go lay down, I'll prepare our food." I chirp and leave Jacob at the front door, making my way to the kitchen.

He mumbles an alright and falls down face first onto the couch in defeat. I crack a smile and get to work in the kitchen. Mince pies and scones are to be served today, the both of us going on about having a terrible sweet tooth during lunch today. And then Jacob mentioned that he's never had mince pie so I decided I must change that right away. 

I gather all of my ingredients— including mincemeat, two satsumas, an apple, a lemon, flour, butter, sugar, two eggs, and icing sugar to top it off. Placing the flour and butter in a large glass bowl, I mix it together until it's in a crumby consistency and then add the sugar and egg. I sprinkle some loose flour onto the marble counter and fold the mix until the pastry comes together. Once in a perfect block, I wrap the pastry in cling film and set it in the refrigerator to cool for about ten minutes. 

"Troyeeee, I'm bored, sing me something." Jacob pouts from the couch, making me strut out into the living room and narrow my eyes at him. 

"What would you like to hear...?" I ask suspiciously. 

He knows I'm still iffy about what I sing in front of him so I'm truly curious as to what's going to spill past his lips. 

He returns the look, "Only you by Zara Larsson on the spot, binch."

I bite my tongue, holding back a laugh and nodding. 

"Alright, alright, you asked for it." I take my bottom lip between my mouth and head back to the kitchen.

"As you wish..." I mutter as I crack open a jar of mincemeat and scoop it into a bowl. 

"I can't love nobody like I love myself! Like I love myself, only you!" I shout ridiculously off key, dancing to the beat of the song purring in my mind.