33

a/n: this chapter is lowkey wild so uh, here's a minor smut warning

Troye's pov

"Troye, come on already. We've given you space, we all miss you. Tyler misses you." Alfie pleads, chasing me down the hallway to art.

I pull his hand off from my arm and shrug him away.

"Please stop."

"Troye! Seriously man!" He yells, trying to catch up.

I turn around, adjusting the straps to Jacob's denim book bag he asked me to hold for the period while he's in PE.

"What do you want?" ... "Honestly?" I inquire, watching Alfie huff in irritation.

He steps closer, "We want you to quit being so bloody sensitive and help Tyler out of this rut. He needs you."

"No, he doesn't." I whisper, looking away from him. There is no way Tyler Oakley needs me. He's got dozens of kids on his side to keep him sane, there is no way he needs the clinically depressed kid. And yes, you heard right. Lovely enough, Dad dragged me to a therapist after my repeated resistance and had me seen. I was asked loads of questions, some I couldn't possibly answer from just getting to know this stranger, but some of the questions made me happy. She asked about Jacob. Who he was, what his relation to me was, what he's like. All of that. She's good, I'll tell you that. Somehow she got me just skimming over the edge of the deep stuff; Mum, Dylan, rough stuff like that. Though, she oddly didn't push, she told me there was no rush, that I could take my time getting to know her. But she did ask for me to come in again next week. We've got to get a sort of routine in to talk. The thought of such consistency with talking about my life, my issues, scares me. I don't want to face the big two words in bright neon letters, flashing in my face. I didn't want to know there was a possibility I could even be depressed. But when I heard her muffled voices with Dad in the lobby later that day, my heart just kind of dropped. Clinically Depressed, She Said. The words alone made me stay quiet for the rest of the day, confusing Jacob. He didn't understand because he didn't know until Dad told him later when they thought I was asleep on the sofa. I am now working on facing this, bracing on to anything I can to prepare myself. It's scary... but I'm working on it.

"You're ridiculous, Sivan!" Alfie yells out of nowhere, pushing me backwards. I gasp and stumble back, falling right on my bum.

I swallow back my tears and nod, shakily getting up and brushing my shirt off.

"Please don't come near me again," I mutter, moving past him and walking out of the hallway, out of the building, and out of the academy. I don't stop there, no, I make my way all the way home and drop Jacob's book bag off at the front door. Maybe I should've left that for him. Shaking it off, I shut the front door and sigh as I enter the empty flat.

The sound of the buzzing air vents, ticking clock, and my small sniffles are all that's heard bouncing off the walls. Frustrated enough, I pace throughout the flat and make my way into the washroom. I'm quick to twist the water knobs on and start up a bath, shutting and locking the door. Steam quickly flowing around the room, I breathe in shakily and tear my clothes off. Today has just been one thing after another. Why are they so persistent? Am I really that selfish for not wanting to talk to them? It went from Tyler giving me those sad eyes during lunch to Jim attempting to chase me down the hall and now Alfie pushing me. Now I'm just upset and frustrated. I need some kind relief from this pent up feeling in my chest. Hopefully a bath will help.

a/n: here's your last warning dudes

I slip into the shimmering tub and hum as the silky warm water hits my body. I twist the knobs off, making the water stop spitting out. Leaning back, I pick up my little mason jar of shampoo and scoop a fair amount with my fingers. I swirl it around on my hand and bring my fingers to my hair, massaging my dry hair with the cleaner. It was then that I realised just how out of it I was that I'm massaging shampoo into my dry hair. I hold back a laugh and slide down into the water until I'm completely under. Trying my best to hold my breath, I shake my hair up in the water, trying to get the stickiness out. Unfortunately with the luck of Troye Mellet, I can't hold my breath for crap and end up instinctively sucking in water through my nose.