Chaper 5

A small pair of hands wiped away the tears she didn't notice to escape. Sinalubong siya ng mga mapupungay na mata ni Rienzo. He seems so bothered with her sadness. He hugged her real tight without saying any word and it somehow soothed her.

"Palagi ko po itong ginawa pg nakikita kung malungkot si Papa." He managed to say after awhile and he hug her.

Kumalas siya dito at ibinaling sa kanya. "Bakit palagi mo ba siyang nakikitang malungkot?"

"Opo Ate Sid. Madalas po. Sa tuwing umuuwi siya noon galing sa malayong trabaho pag uwi niya po malungkot siya." Inosenteng pahayag ng bata.

"Siguro ay pagod lang ang papa mo kaya ganoon." She ignored what he said. Baka nga yun lang ang rason o di kaya'y may mga personal din itong bagay na pinoproblema.

Naputol ang pag uusap nila ng maagaw ng atensyon niya ng papalapit na guro ni Rienzo. Nakangiti itong nakatingin sa kanya.

"Sidney right?" She asked making sure of her name.

"Ah yeah, but you can call me Sid for short teacher." She smiled genuine at her.

"ahm we're having this Christmas party next friday. We're just informing the parents of the child that they are welcome to join the party. Napapansin ko kasing hindi na siya nasusundo ni Res so I better talk to you about this. Pasabi na lng sakanya." Uminit ang pandinig niya sa sinabi nito. The way she said it seems so bossy na parang ayaw nitong siya ang umattend sa nasabing party. The hell, why Reston instead of her Lola. She thought irritated.

" oh no big deal, I'll tell him when he comes back." She answered behind a goody-good shoes façade but deep inside her is an undoubted irritation she can't figure out where it comes from.

"I've been texting him about this matter but it seems he's unattended. Wala kasing reply." So they have contacts for each other huh, she thought. She wanted to scatch her face for being such a pathetic bleat. She wonder to how extent there conversation goes. Naiinis siya. Binabawi niya na ang unang pagkakakilala niya ditong mahinhin at kagalang galang!

"Why don't you call him instead." She said apathetically upon her irritation. She saw how the teacher blushed with what she said. Got it, she thought. This Rienzo's teacher has something for Reston. What the hell. She murmored.

"What is it again?" Takang tanong ng kaharap.

"Ah wala, I said we need to go. May dadaanan pa kasi kami ni Rienzo. Sige sasabihin ko na lng sa kanya." Magalang na paalam niya despite the scorching feeling of outburst anger inside her system.

"Okay Sid, thanks and bye, ingat kayo ni Rienzo." Nakangiting paalam nito. She wanted to remove that annoying smile on that face. Naiirita siya rito.

Because it was friday, she decided to bring Rienzo to the mall. The boy requested to eat in such kiddie fastfood resto with a big fatty-red-bee. She stared at the child whose now eating happily. She smiled remembering something.

"Sid give me your hands first." Sabi sa kanya ng kanyang Kuya martin. Ngumuso siya sa pang aabala nito. She was about to pick the chicken from the bucket when her kuya interrupted her. She was thirteen at that time but she felt eight years younger from her age when she's with his kuya. He spoils her a lot. Nakaupo silang dalawang magkatabi at kinuha nito ang mga kamay niya. He opened her bag and he search for alcohol. He then put enough of it to her hand and he gently spead it all over. When he's done and the alcohols already went dry, she resume on eating like a hungry beast. Tumawa ang kapatid.

"Seems like my little sister haven't eaten for a week now." He said happily. Binalewala niya na lamang ang sinabi nito at ngumiti. Namiss niya kasi ang pagkain at paglabas labas nila sa mall ng kapatid. When he got into college, naging matumal na ang mga gala nila. Naiintindihan niya naman yun kaya nga bumabawi ito kapag nagkakaroon ito ng time sa kanya. Ganoon din si Reston. Palagi itong mga busy sa school.