Chapter 21

Kasalukuyan siyang nasa balkonahe habang ang iba'y abala sa baba ng sarisari paputok tulad ng fountain. Maingay ang mga ito. May hawak ng kanya kanyang malalaking turotot. The lamp post from the garden brought a little light from she was standing. Mas pinili niyang mamalagi roon to sort out her emotions.

Ang madilim na langit ay nabalot ng nagsisigandahang ilaw pag patak ng hating gabi. It was new year's eve and they were glancing at the sky full of arrayed flaring fireworks. Tanaw niyang natutuwa si Rienzo sa mga nakikita. The loud sounds it brought contrary it's magneficent display. Like the character she was portraying only few could know. She seems okay infront of many but the truth is, she was broken inside like the the bygone beauty of fireworks which turned into a dark and defile smoke. It wasn't healthy for a living she know, but what she was feeling is like a poison invading her whole system, deadly and terrifying.

"Hey, you okay?" Agaw ni Zach sa kanyang malalim na pag iisip. His eyes told her that he was a bit drunk. Sumulpot ito mula sa kanyang likod.

"Of course, I am. Bakit naman hindi?" She said as she wore a mask of being perfectly fine again.

"Your eyes say the otherwise." Sagot naman ng binata. She turned his atention back to the sky avoiding his scrutining stares. Naramdaman niya naman ang paglapat ng baba nito sa kanyang balikat kasabay ng mga kamay nito sakanyang bewang. He leaned closer to her making her heart race. That's the effect of him on her. Sa tuwing yayakapin siya ng ganito ng binata ay hindi niya maiwasang makaramdam ng kaba.

Nevertheless, the warmth of his body brought about million little electrifying volt in her. She shivered upon the contact.

She turned back to face him again only to be welcomed by his loving stares. Puno ng emosyon ang mga mata nito. His pitch black eyes giving some assurance of worthy promises. Nangungusap ang mga iyon.

"I love you Sid, unlike the fireworks, it will never fade." He murmured huskily. Hindi niya na iyon nailangan pang sabihin ng binata. She can read it fully in his eyes.

"Zach..." she uttered as her lower lips trembled with disarray emotions.

"Shh...I'm not rushing you Sid." He muffled uder his breath. He hold her still and just feeling the moment.

Ramdam niyang mahal siya ng binata but she still asked him, "Zach are you sure with this, I mean..uh..-" startled, he was cut by him.

"What do you mean?" He chuckled

"With what you're getting yourself into. Sigurado ka na ba talaga sa nararamdaman mo?" She asked seriously. So eager for his genuine answer.

"Of course I am." He said a matter of fact and in his hundred percent seriousness. "Why are you asking anyway? Please don't tell me you're ending my chance." He said with his anxious face. Nakita niya ang halong pagkalito at pagkabagagabag sa mga yon.

"What if you fall out of love Zach, what if along with all of these, you were just challenge? What if you only want the chase? I am no teenager at all but please, just tell me the truth now because I am honestly terrified to commit on a relationship living in an uncertainty. I want a matured and serious relationship Zach. Something that will last till the end." She said with the sadness of her tone. Bakit mo nga ba itataya ang puso mo sa ibang tao? Sa bilyong tao dito sa mundo, gaano ka kasigurado na ang mamahalin mo ay mamahalin ka rin pabalik hanggang sa huli. The mistery of happy endings among few and the most difficult problem to those who are still finding their true love. Ang hirap. Kailangan mong madaanan ang masaktan.

"I love you beyond reasons Sid, cliché as it may sound but I love everything about you that I can't find the right explanation and even the most intelligent human being couldn't explain how I keep on falling in love with you. I love you beyond words and action Sid. And seriously I wanted to punch the reason behind your inhibitions and holding back. And right now I wanted to punch myself because I know my own history of a man who spends most of his time doing things that gave him pleasure before. But believe me, I change because of you. And I can't even imagine being in any bed with other woman other than you..after our marriage of course. " He said unleashing his emotion.