Chapter 12

The sun is up when she woke up that monday morning. She tried to sit up but she felt a sting of pain on her foot. She wander her sight inside the room. A tray of food for her breakfast is on top of the table beside the bed. Nakita niyang may mga gamot din ang naroon. She tried to stand up to go to the bathroom. She used the wall of the room as support. Going there, She heard a low voice coming from the veranda. She sneaks out just to find out Reston is talking to someone over the phone.

"Maddie, I won't able to go to Cebu now. Just tell Rio about it. Yeah...thanks.I can't reach him out." He said in a low pleading voice.

"Something had happened last night." He paused. "I rushed Sid to a hospital..yeah she's okay now." Hindi niya na pinakinggan ang mga pinag usapan nito. She resumed on walking towards the bathroom. She did her morning routine. Pagkalabas niya ay nakita niyang naka upo na sa kama si Reston. Agad itong tumayo at nagmamadaling lumapit sa kanya upang alalayan siya. Hinayaan niya na lamang ang gustong gawin nito. She can't walk easily so who she think to complain. He hold her by the waist. Giniya siya nito paupo sa kama.

A long eerie silence invaded the room. She wasn't sure of the things she heard before she fell asleep this mornight, whether she heard it real or just a fractions of her dream. One thing she is sure of, it was indeed a havoc in her own rational mind. He is such a predicament she wanted to escape and but at the same time she keeps on coming back.

"Sid..." he called her in a low afraid tone. Alanganin ang boses na iyon na parang taklot kung magugustuhan niya ba o hindi.

"If you're going to scold me for being a harlot because of whatever reasons of yours, I am telling you, I'll going to kick your ass out of this room though my right foot is still in pain." She said in a stoic and menacing voice. She turned her head sideway to avoid his.

"I'm sorry that was not what I meant last night. I was just so pissed when-" she cut him off. She was all done with all of his excuses. She believes that each person should hold liable on his/her actions. Naiiinis siyang itinatanggi ito ngayon ng binata.

"Not what you meant? Really? So ano pala Reston, trip mo lang?!" Galit na sabi niya dito.

"Let's talk it later, you must first eat your breakfast para makainom ka na ng gamot mo." Kinuha nito ang tray ng pagkain at nilagay sa gilid niya. She angrily shoved it away. A loud bang of its content filled the room. Shattered pieces of plate and glass were on the floor but she doesn't mind as she continue to burst out her hatred.

"No admit it! Admit that you see me as that low kind of woman!" She spat angrily along her tears. Bile of disappointment crept her whole system.

"No Sid.."he pleaded.

"Damn! I should have not bother with your opinion, but it really hurts hearing it from you." She sobbed uncontrollably. Taranta naman itong dinaluhan siya. Afraid where exactly to hold here as if it would trigger more her rage.

"I admit it was my fault, I'm sorry, please..I was just so mad. " He tried to reach for her but she moved away.

"Pwes huwag mong ibunton sa akin ang galit mo!" Tinabig nito ang kamay ng binata.

"Fuck Sid, Seeing you kissing someone else drove me insanely mad!" The words is like a bomb in her ears. Hinapuhap niya ang mga salitang maaaring sabihin dito pero ni isa ay wala siyang naibigkas. Reston reached for her face. Using his thumb, he wipe away her tears. She tilted her head to stop the tears from falling as memories of the past flooded her mind ones again.

"I have something for you Sid. It's in the backseat." He said one of those days after her birthday. Kasulukuyan silang naglalakad patungo sa sasakyan nito. He's going to drive her to school.