Chapter 27

It was almost mid night when her conversation with Pia and Ema ended. She stood up from the high chair and she almost tripped with dizzyness. It was a mixture of being drunk and sleepy. Mabuti na lang ay agad siyang nakahawak sa countertop.

She slowly walks toward her room and laid on her bed flat on her stomach. What her friends said keeps on rewinding in her mind. It implies and sounded how a cheater she was for not telling Zach what she and Reston had way back then. But basically, hindi naman talaga naging sila ni Reston. The thought keeps battling in her mind till she completely fell asleep that night.

She woke up the next morning feeling a little light headed. She went straight to her bathroom and indulged herself in a warm bath. Mamayang gabi na ang flight nila. She already fixed her things. Nakapag impake na siya kaya wala na siyang halos gagawin sa buong maghapon. She again closed her eyes while leaning on the tub.

Zach couldn't come tonight. An accident happened in their site. One of their worker died and two more got injured and got hospitalized. Though it wasn't his obligation to visit his worker's wake, he chose to go there and visit the two other in the hospital. It is not that she was complaining, actually, she admires him more for what he did. Mas pinili nito makipagsimpatya sa mga tauhan nito. She's happy how dedicated and devoted he was in his work though what happened wasn't a part of it, it only shows how he cared for his men. Tumulong ito sa mga proseso sa disenteng burol ng tauhan nito.

Ilang minuto pa siyang nanatili sa bath tub bago umahon. She wore her robe and went straight to her closet. Isang simpleng pangbahay ang isinuot niya. White cotton shirt and plaid shorts. Pagkatapos magbihis ay dumiresto na siya sa kanyang kusina upang mag almusal. She dialed her secretary's number for checking some important files. Her flight will be at 10 pm tonight. Her Dad messaged her this morning that he'll going to pick her up later. She prepared cereals for her breakfast. Nang matapos kumain ay lumabas siya sa kanyang veranda. It was just 7 in the  morning and the rays of sun doesn't hit hard on the skin yet. She settled on a rattan bench on her veranda.

"Good morning." She texted him Zach while drinking her orange juice.

"Good morning babe. Is everything's ready for your flight?" Instead of a text message, he called her right away.

"Yeah." Sagot niya rito. Matapos ng ilang paalala ng binata ay nagkwento ito sa naganap na aksidenteng kinahinantungan ng pagkamatay ng isang tauhan sa site. Namatay ito kahapon matapos mag tamo ng severe head injury. The poor man suffered into coma and had admitted to the ICU. Si Zach mismo ang nag aasikaso sa desinteng libing nito. Naaawa siya sa binata, base kase sa mga kwento nito ay naging malapit din ito sa namatay.

She went inside when she felt the searing heat brought about by the sun. She was just done calling Zach. Sunod niyang tinawagan ang kanyang Lola ng tuluyan ng makapasok. Umupo siya sa kanyang sala habang hinihintay ang pagsagot nito. After three more rings, her Lola finally pick it up.

"Hello Apo, pasensya ka na at kasalukuyan akong nag aayos ng mga halaman. Hindi ko agad napansin ang tawag mo. Kumusta? Tuloy ba ang pag alis mo mamaya?" Tanong ng matanda sa kabilang linya.

"Ah opo Lola. Mamaya pong 10 ng gabi." Sagot niya dito. Nakwento niya na iyon noong isang araw.

"Mag iingat kayo doon ni Reston, hija." The old woman said and she didn't anticipated it. Though she told her about the trip, she never mentioned she's leaving with Reston. "Nabanggit sa akin ni Reston kahapon  apo." She continued as if she had read what's running in her mind.

"Uh..opo." alanganing sagot niya na lang dito. Just like Zach, she also gave a bunch of reminders too. She could memorized it all because it didn't went any difference with what Zach told her.