Chapter 30

Inalalayan siya ni Vaughn palabas ng bar. Hindi ito nagpatinag sa pasya nitong umuwi na sila at tuluyang umalis sa lugar na iyon.

"Are you sure you can drive?" Tanong nito sakanya ng marating nila ang parking lot ng bar.

"Of course, I can!" She said. Napag usapan na nila habang naglalakad palabas na magcoconvoy na lang ito sakanya.

Upbringing, she's always been cared by the boys and man around her. Her brother, her Dad, and Reston, though the latter gave her a terrible heartache. Naramdaman niyang pinahalagahan at prenotektahan naman siya nito kahit papano. She was untouchable. They treated her such a fragile girl who always needed protection for it possibly broke into harm. Kaya ng mawala ang dalawang mahalagang lalaki sakanyang buhay ay lubos siyang nahirapan. She hardly pick up all the pieces for it was broke by one of her protector beyond repair. And the sad worst was the feeling of being betrayed and pulled down from your own pedestal. But despite of it, she has also one thing she could thank for, and that is knowing Vaughn.

Binuksan niya ang pinto ng kanyang kotse pero nanatili siyang nakatayo roon at hindi agad pumasok. Isang mahabang katahimikan ang namagitan sakanila. Pinapakiramdaman ang bawat isa.

"I messed it all up again Vaughn." She confided. She shook her head along with the disappointment she's feeling.

Hindi naman nagsalita ang binata. He just look down at her with concern in his eyes waiting for her to tell more of a detail. Mas lalo siyang nalungkot sa mga titig nito.

"I still love him Vaughn, and I felt so sorry for Zach for feeling this way!" She quivered as the truth came out of her own mouth. She finally admitted it for the first time. "I'm sorry..I'm so sorry..I know I should have listen to you." Nangangatal na sabi niya. Her eyes sting with tears and before it finally escape her eyes, he had quickly pulled her into a warm embrace. It reminded her of someone she truly loves, his comforting embrace is like her brother which come to life. Her senses pulled her into a familiar comfort zone her brother could give if only he's still alive.  "I'm sorry Kuya, but here I am again." She thought as she continued crying in his shoulder.

"I still.. love...Reston, Vaughn I'm really sorry...i didn't mean to feel this way.." she said.

"I know.." he answered as he continue rubbing her hair. "I know you love him and I'm glad you finally admitted it in yourself." Inangat niya ang tingin rito. He nodded his head as he smiles at her. "Let's talk about it later. Umuwi na tayo." He said as he guided her to slip in her car. But before she could get in, she noticed a silhouette she wasn't sure whether a man or not as it  immediately moved away and disappeared few meters away from them. Agad iyong nagmadaling naglakad palayo. The parking lot is located at the side of the bar. And the corner post of a lamp made her noticed that someone was eavesdropping on their conversation.  She popped her head a little more to find a good view but it was gone.

"Hey, are you okay?" Vaughn asked. Nilingon din nito ang direksyon ng kanyang tinitingnan bago muling bumalik sakanya. She nodded her head and neglected what she saw. Inisip niyang baka guniguni niya lang iyon.

She went in and waited for Vaughn to get in his car too before she started the engine and drove off.

Taliwas sa napag usapan ay hindi siya dumeritso sa kanyang condo. Vaughn couldn't do something but blow his horn as she continued driving in full speed without a specific direction in her mind. She drive and drive until her car brought her on the road overlooking the view of the city. It was somewhere in Antipolo. She finally stopped the car and went out. Lumapit siya sa may barandilya sa gilid ng kalsada. Vaughn came in not a more than a minute.

"Tsk. Don't you dare do that again! You're causing me a mini heart attack don't you know that!" He scolded her as he walk nearer.

"Adrenaline rush. I just needed to release my stress." She said smiling trying to ease his ansty demeanor.